Model Cars Magazine Forum

some of my 1:1 cars and other bad habits

hey guys. A while back i asked about car collections but never got my own photos up. here are some of my toys.

267.jpg

40th_convertible.jpg

the shelby. this is my crown jewel. thats my dad in it as we bought this car and had all the work done 50/50. reson being was neither one of us wanted to cough up the 100k on our own to get it to what it is today. what is it? well, it started life as a 2007 gt 500 vert obviously. triple black with white rocker stripes. it was one of 220 shelbys built that way in 07. in mid 08 after a trip to shelby american in vegas and a meeting with the man himself i was determined to have them work on this car. we purchased the 40th anniversary pkg which was only availible for 07 shelbys. the package is much like a super snake and shares all parts except the hood and wheels. all suspension and body upgrades are there as well as all the carbon fiber. only 312 of these were made. mine is number 267 and is the first car they did to recieve the interior upgrade in house. it is very well documented and in the world registry. the way i optioned this car when i put my package together made it a true 1 of 1 car in the registry. it has undfer 5 k miles on it now and does not get driven much.

Edited by freakshow12

this is my 03 mach 1. I bought this one new as well and now it has a mere 25000 miles on it in almost 10 yrs lol. it has pretty much every bolt on you can put on it without openeing up the engine. it made 320 at the tires, ran a high 12 at 109 in the quarter and wins lots of tropies at car shows so its a fun little car. does anyone know whats different about the back end? not many people notice... B)

machatshow.jpg

manywierdpics076.jpg

Edited by freakshow12

my cobra! bought this brand new in 97. only 365 built in this color combo only 6 sent to canada. it has 42000 miles on it. made 468/433 at the tires. the engine let go in 04 and its been in my shop in bubble wrap ever since. Finally building a new mill. the 4.6 DOHC is very costly to build vs most other engines. my new motor should be in the range of 600 hp at the wheels B)

cobrapics.jpg

capri1.jpgone of 3 capris I have. this one is an 85 RS 5.0 5 speed t top car. med canyon red/ charcoal with red interior. only 753 t top RS cars built not many had red interior. waiting on marti report. gathering parts for a restoration. this one will be slammed on some fr500,s and a 331 stroker. it is destined for my oldest son. he is 13 now. one other is an 84 RS t top car. it is rare because it wears the same paint color as this one but in 84 it was an extra cost special order paint. its will get a blown DOHC motor and is destined for my youngest son it is also 1 of under 700 cars. lastly my unicorn... 1985 capri GS 5.0 5 speed solid roof. this combo was only available in canada. it has no air dam or any of the sporty capri body stuff. it has all the sport suspension and the big engine though. It also has a red/black two tone interior only availible for 3 months in 85 called spring time special interior. to top it off it is a radio delete car! only 175 were built and 150 of those were sent to asc for mclaren cars. marti report says it is the only one built in smoke grey with spring interior! it is in primer now and will get a full stock resto.

photo27_zps617c4424.jpg

Edited by freakshow12

this is one of the 4 64-66 cars I have. this one is an early build (april 17 64) it is a D code 289 4 speed. arizona dso very solid car. the others are a 65 fastback 289 car destined to be a gt350 clone. a 66 gt fastback 289 4 speed and a 66 vert factory 289 red car. have owned the last 2 since i was 2 years old lol

freds_car_013.jpg

this is my 03 mach 1. I bought this one new as well and now it has a mere 25000 miles on it in almost 10 yrs lol.does anyone know whats different about the back end?

Looks like widened rear wheels, maybe 1.5"-2" or so?

These are my favorite modern Mustang by far. :wub:

The tail lights maybe? For some reason it looks cleaner (Light body mods)

this is my 03 mach 1. I bought this one new as well and now it has a mere 25000 miles on it in almost 10 yrs lol. it has pretty much every bolt on you can put on it without openeing up the engine. it made 320 at the tires, ran a high 12 at 109 in the quarter and wins lots of tropies at car shows so its a fun little car. does anyone know whats different about the back end? not many people notice... B)

I did an 03 cobra bumper and filled the letters. its a much cleaner style IMHO I have 03 cobra rockers and bullitt scoop deletes for it to shave it right out. machs did not come from the factory with a black panel between the lights. you can buy one but I have never bothered as I am trying to smooth her out not add more stuff. only the 99 35th anny cars got something between the lights.

Nice cars. Here's one we owned back in the day. My wife had to have a new car...

tomcar3-vi.jpg

First year 1979 Fox Capri RS V8 with TRX package. It also had a red Ghia interior that people swear was never offered. I was told that this was one of the first 500 off the line, all done this way for promotions and sent to the dealers. When I first saw it, it was in the showroom and wasn't yet for sale. The window sticker said "EPA numbers not in yet, not for sale". I was buying vehicles for my company from this dealer and talked them out of it. My wife actually drove it on dealer plate for a few weeks until they could process the sale. When we first got it people were pointing at it and asking what it was. It was that new. The irony of the purchase was that this was in the middle of the gas crisis. NJ had odd / even gas rationing and was only selling gas during business hours during the week. I was used to dealers delivering a car with a full tank but there was no gas to be had. We had to drive it home on empty, this being a Friday evening, we had to park it until gas sales started up on Monday.

This wasn't a good car at all, maybe typical of the times or the fact it was one of the first off the line. It had stuff missing from the factory, minor stuff like the sensors to the console monitoring center and the rear window defroster switch wasn't on the dash. It went back to the dealer for this stuff. From day one, it had a coolant leak on the top end of the engine the dealer couldn't find. It was one thing after another. The rear end howled, the transmission started slipping and the TRX tires only lasted 20,000 and cost hundreds each back then. So were unloaded it after 3 years. The photo above is my favorite shot of this car, the last time I saw it when we left it at the dealer!

To add insult to injury, my wife traded in a '74 Mustang II coupe on this car. This was a great little car that she bought a year old from her friend and never had any problems with it. Someone a few blocks from her house bought it so we had to look at it for years while suffering with the Capri!