Model Cars Magazine Forum

83 Ford F150 4x4 Long Bed

Nice conversion, but it isn't an '83. The '82 up Ford F series had the Ford letters removed from the hood and the Ford emblem was added to the center of the grille. I owned an '83 F-100 for over 16 years. Someday, I want to build a replica of it.

Thanks Everyone I used the monogram 80s Ford Pickup and the Monogram 80s Ford Bronco kits... For the bed floor I used the Monogram F250 bed flr.. And then Built the Box around. I have plans On Making a master for a friend to cast up for future Builds.. Still need to gather $ and supplies before I can Gitrdone... Red

It would really be nice if there was a resin long wide box available as there are those who do like the lwb pickups as much or more than short box trucks. Speaking for myself, I'd buy more pick up kits if they weren't mostly all short box variations and I think that there would be a market for long wheel base boxes not just of this vintage of Ford, but older ones as well as well as a long box for the Revell '64 Chevy pickup.

It would really be nice if there was a resin long wide box available as there are those who do like the lwb pickups as much or more than short box trucks. Speaking for myself, I'd buy more pick up kits if they weren't mostly all short box variations and I think that there would be a market for long wheel base boxes not just of this vintage of Ford, but older ones as well as well as a long box for the Revell '64 Chevy pickup.

I know exactly what ya mean.. I was Thinkin on makin up a couple lwb Bed for The trucks that don't have it in kit form.. But now all I need it time... LOL..

You could just cast the bed sides for those that already have the bed floor. Someone needs to make the tailgate that says Ford and is different then the one on yours. That is a hold up on my 1/25 scale bed. I used a 90's ford bed and sides with the 79 bronco 1/25 scale for the right wheel well shape.I also used the Bronco body for the cab.

Edited by James Flowers

Thanks Everyone I used the monogram 80s Ford Pickup and the Monogram 80s Ford Bronco kits... For the bed floor I used the Monogram F250 bed flr.. And then Built the Box around. I have plans On Making a master for a friend to cast up for future Builds.. Still need to gather $ and supplies before I can Gitrdone... Red

I'll buy a resin cast of it for sure whenever you get it done!

• 2 weeks later...