Model Cars Magazine Forum

SALVAGED MPC GLUE BOMBS

azers

I thought i would post a few pictures of some mpc glue bombs i bought off of evil bay. The first is a 73 firbird formula. I used several old firebord gluebombs to save. It was painted italian red but changed it to tamiya bright red. The second is a mpc camaro that i combined with a 74 firebird chassis because it was already set up with the racing option.

Firebird IMAG0062_zps211d0527.jpg

ive always been scared to buy glue bombs from ebay because of how bad they are. are there any tutorials on how to restore glue bombs? i;d love to try one someday! i actually have a couple I built when i was younger that id like to restore since i'm much better now.

You did a great job with rebuilding these from glue bomb status!

I built the racecars before i read your advice on the netting. I promptly appropriated some from our remodel of our kids room to a hobbyroom. I just slid the entire chassis rollcage assembly from the firebird into the camaro without modification. Thanks for your ideas.

On a tutorial on restoring glue bombs that sounds like a great idea. I'll start one after the first of the year on one i planned to do. I enjoy doing them as much as doing kits. I think the real enjoyment is taking a hunk of plastic and making something nice out of it.