Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is Pro Street dead?

1320wayne

I would like to submit the idea of a Pro Street CBP but only if there is enough interest to support it. The CBP would simply be for a select amount of time to build any project, car or truck, that fits the mold of a Pro Street, street legal style vehicle. Any available idea would be allowed with any manner of powerplant, tubbed chassis and treaded wide rear tires.

I will leave this thread opened for a short time to see if there are enough builders here that would like to take part. If so then I will open up a new thread for the actual build. I have a few ideas myself and I know that there are still quite a few available sources for Pro Street cars and trucks. Let me know what you think.

It might not be popular anymore, but I think most hot rodders still have a soft spot for pro-street. It is street to strip taken to the Nth degree and there's something cool about that. We still see quite a bit of it here on the forum. I do not have any pro-street builds planned, but I sure wish you luck on this CBP.

by far my most favorite builds all time

i would definatly be in on this IF the time allows

on a side note R2 NEEDS to re-issue the pro-street superbee

shoot, even with just a rolling chassis and engine at 10-15 dollars a pop they would sell like hot cakes

(if you allow me ill drop a few pics of my builds)

1330292060.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTMtMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OS5qcG

Thanks for the response so far. I will let this go for a few days and then make the determination. I'd like for this to be a popular build idea but I don't want to pursue it if there is only a couple of people interested. Folks need more to look at than just 2 or 3 builds.

Edited by 1320wayne