Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tyrrell P34

JM485

Here is my Tyrrell P-34, hard to believe it is almost two years old now! This is the first and only Tamiya kit I have built, and I would really like to get my hands on a 1/12 scale one once I improve enough to do the car justice. Hope you guys enjoy.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Definately, can't even wrap my head around a motor spinning at 18,000 rpm, not to mention they can get them to go up to 22,000! Add that with all of the super sensitive aero parts and you have one high tech machine. Crazy stuff.

They idle at 7000 - 8000 rpm

1300 hp per ton

Kers flywheel 80,000 rpm

0 to 60 1.7

0 to 187 8.3 and back to to zero in 13

top speed 230mph

6g of brake force

5g of cornering force

3.1mpg

Average weight 970lbs before the ballist is added.

min required weight 1411lbs

down force at 118mph 2:1 which is the mph for an Indy car to reach 1:1

And today's F1 car is watered down compared to the 1.2 liter Turbo cars that could produce 1600hp in qualifying trim

Definately, can't even wrap my head around a motor spinning at 18,000 rpm, not to mention they can get them to go up to 22,000! Add that with all of the super sensitive aero parts and you have one high tech machine. Crazy stuff.

Back in my Engine Performance class while i was getting my degree in automotive repair, our teacher showed us a video he had of an F1 car they had made a program for the engine to rev the national anthem. That was wild. A quick search on Google shows a few versions of this but th one i saw was at a race track in the pits.

Edited by jrherald420