Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Charger Rallye

Sport Suburban

This is one of my major kitbash projects. This is a MPC 73 Charger annual that I got as a rebuilder project. It was a nice unpainted build that was a great rebuild cadidate. Here is what I started with.

73Chargera.jpg

73Chargerb.jpg

It had the wrong hood. I was going to fill in the air grabber but used a resin 73 hood from Time Machine resin. Good thing too since I just bought a 72 Charger rebuilder that is missing the hood!! I decided to kitbash the chassis, engine compartment and all drivetrain from the newer AMT 71 Charger RT. I have done this a few times now and they come out great. Decals are from Keith Marks and I had the bumpers rechromed by Chrome Tech USA. I used Testors French Blue and automotive clear coat on this one also.

73Chargera.jpg

73Chargerc.jpg

73Chargere.jpg

73Chargerf.jpg

NICE !!! Easily the nicest '73 Charger I've ever seen !! WOW !!!

The paintjob alone looks better than any paintjob laid down by Lynch Road on the best day !

And , of course , the correctly coloured engine and air cleaner are the tops !

Super Blue (same exact colour as Petty Blue) is such a gorgeous colour , and French Bleu is *very* close to its tone .

Keep those beauties comin' , Raoul !

I love this. You did a wonderful job on that Charger. The one part that is always missing from those '71 Charger chassis swaps is the wiper fluid tank. doesnt come with the kit and always makes the passenger side of the engine look empty. But I think this is great.

I agree. I need 6 washer bottles for my builds so far.