Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Coupe

Ajay

Not much of a post but my new year's resolution is to try & build more in 2013 so at least it's a start !.

So far I've taken a slice out of the "c" pillars In an attempt to make the roof flow more gracefully into the trunk (I'm not too keen on the "stock" chop) and slanted the "b" pillars.

48coupe_zpsec6769f3.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Ajay

Thanks for the replies guys.

Mike, I'm thinking of painting it peugeot blaze yellow which despite the name is a gold metallic colour.

Tom, the body is just resting on the floor at the moment (I tend to do the body first for some reason) but I'm hoping to modify the suspension so it sits lower than the kit ride height.

Cheers

Andy

I have always felt that the 46-8 Fords were the hardest to get a balanced chop on. They have such a BIG BULKY BULBOUS BUTT !!! When you chop them, it makes the BUTT look BIGGER YET !! :D

Your chop flows so well, and with the tail dragger stance, it really pulls your attention AWAY from the HUGE BUTT !!

Great job !!

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I managed to spray the basecoat last weekend but I've only just got round to taking a picture. The colour is Peugeot Blaze Yellow metallic - Zero paints dry matt so I need to clearcoat it but it's been too cold this weekend.

48coupe5_zps21fb2cc1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Edited by Ajay

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bernard & Glenn, porgress has been slow as I got sidetracked building a replica of my sisters Fiat 500 for her birthday in February but I have managed to finish the engine & interior and add the front windshield & grill.

48coupe9_zpscf568416.jpg

48coupe8_zps73a8d8da.jpg

48coupe10_zps84117d31.jpg

Next up is lowering the chassis !.

Thanks for looking

Andy