Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Ford Dump Truck

This isn't a recent build,but since I'm a new member here I hope it's OK if I post it.

It started as an AMT 53 Ford pickup. I scratchbuilt the frame and bed,and modified the front fender and running boards. The front wheels steer and the bed tilts.The wheels and tires I cast in resin. The running gear is the Diamond Reo kit. Everything was weathered ,and there's a lunchbag,clipboard,

and thermos on the front seat.

Sorry I don't have any in progress pics. I didn't think of it then.

53TRK10.jpg

53TRK7.jpg

53TRK6.jpg

53TRK3.jpg

53TRK1.jpg

Talk about a flashback!!!!!!!!!!! In 1971, my dad bought a '56 Ford dump truck that had spent it's life as a runway sanding truck at the Winnipeg, Manitoba International Airport. It was a single axle truck that had literally no miles on it and it had some big V8 in it and best of all, it even had a functional hood scoop!It was painted a green that was very close to a military colour and the thing went like stink!!!<br />I wish someone would cast a resin cab like your build or that you had pictures showing how you modified the front end of the truck to look so right. You did a beautiful job on this truck and it is obvious that you have some serious modeling skills. Nice job without a doubt.. I love it!!!!!! AAAA++++

You guys are too kind.

I should tell you I built this 15 years ago. The #45 on the hood is how old I was then. 60 now :huh:

I'll see if I can come up with a tutorial on how to do the conversion. It wasn't that bad.

I sold this several years ago,hopefully they still have it.

Here's the reference picture I used then. not sure why I made the bed different.

ford_dump.jpg