Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question about the new Revell 57 Ford

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm building an OLD Revell 57 Ranchero, and need some measurments from the new kit. What I need is the length of the doors, and the length and height of the front window opening, I need these to correct the old Ranchero kit. Thanks in advance.

Posted · Report post

I'm building an OLD Revell 57 Ranchero, and need some measurments from the new kit. What I need is the length of the doors, and the length and height of the front window opening, I need these to correct the old Ranchero kit. Thanks in advance.

Craig,

It's very easy: In real life the '57 Ford Custom 2dr shares the same doors as the Ranchero, and all of Ford's 2dr station wagons. This also translates into the same side windows and vent wings. The windshield glass is the same for the afore-mentioned body styles, or at least so close in height as to be almost unnoticeable on a 1/25 scale model.

Art

Posted · Report post

Craig,

It's very easy: In real life the '57 Ford Custom 2dr shares the same doors as the Ranchero,

Art

Yep! and thats why I need those measurements from the new Revell sedan kit.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The doors need to be lengthened by 6.5mm to 47.5mm at the longest point. The window height on the old unchopped Ranchero is 12mm, whereas the new tool sedan is closer to 13mm. The sedan has thinner window frames, and the doors are fractionally taller overall.

This is a side panel from the unchopped version, compared with the new sedan.

57fords01.jpg

57fords02.jpg

Edited by dodgefever

Posted · Report post

Thanks! Now I can start rescribing and cutting!