Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevy Camaro SS Custom

Car Crazy 81

Heres an old build that i had stashed away since 2009 i was thinking about a friend of mines that liked this car very fondly he passed away a couple of years ago so im finishing this build in his memory. The color im going with is Dupli-Color Toreador Red Metallic.

Heres some progress.

1969ChevyCamaroSS.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

I'd repainted the frame beings that the 3 year old paint on the frame had chips in them so i'd used Colorplace (Wal-Mart) Flat Black a light coat to cover up the Rust-Oleum Textured Black that i'd applied 3 years ago still has some texture.

1969ChevyCamaroSS3.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow....Very nice color....It looks great on the Camaro....I'll be watching this build for sure. Do you have the stock bumper on the paint?....I'd love to paint a 69' Chevelle or Nova that color....Nice looking build.

Edited by spkgibson

Wow....Very nice color....It looks great on the Camaro....I'll be watching this build for sure. Do you have the stock bumper on the paint?....I'd love to paint a 69' Chevelle or Nova that color....Nice looking build.

The kits stock front bumper is painted the body color to resemble the endura bumper and the rear bumper is even painted the body color as well.