Model Cars Magazine Forum

A BIIIGGGG gift

A big thanks to Rob Rubinas [aka sot rodder on this forum] my friend and co-driver rec'd a bunch of rare kits yesterday when we came in from Texas , he spied me eye ballin' the "BIG DEUCE" at a hobby shop so he gave me the original issue complete and unbuilt...thanks again bud...

IMGP0004-vi.jpg

IMGP0005-vi.jpg

The box top is a little rough , but its all there decals, lights,all Monogram ads and booklets

That's something you don't see anymore.Photos of real people on the box admiring a model.

If you don't mind me asking, where and how did your friend end up with such rare kits?

RowdyYates

Rob lives in a little farm town in Illinois near Missouri and rents a house, the landlord seen he was a modeler and said somewhere he had some old kits , some of the ones he was givin were the AMT willys/'32 vicky combo kit sealed inside ...AURORA/ Dracula driving a coffin rod ...REVELL/'29 Ford pickup ,some ERTL tractor attachment kit all original releases plus the BIG DEUCE. The price tag is still on the Deuce it sold for $11.57 in 1963. There might have been a couple more but I had tunnel vision while I was holding this huge old kit........

• 3 weeks later...

would that be belleville or o'fallon illinois?

i lived there as a kid. when we moved to california my mom gave away all my models and other stuff; i didnt realize it until we were in marin county!

so does that guy have my baseball cards too?

thanks mom...

i forgot about mascoutah!

i went to later elementary school there. and explored a lot of corn fields. and spent a summer building a hill to sled down in the winter. then the authorities showed up and leveled it sometime before october.

i never put baseball cards on my bike though, loved them too much for that. thanks again mom...im sure that babe ruth rookie card isnt worth anything now. nor the roger marris or mickey mantle.

actually mom you made up for it in so many other ways so youre forgiven...but not forgotten!