Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 57 Chevy Bel Air Review Needed

23 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Thanks, Dave.

That Chrome Tree has more parts, than I remember seeing in the most recent issue of the kit.

Right? And as you can see, there's even a few parts missing off of that original tree probably sitting in the box i pulled it out of.

3 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Does the current issue of this kit have the rib detail on the insert on the quarter panels or is it flat? If it's still flat in that area, one could fix the side trim. 

Does not, and never had the the rib detail. I wouldn't look for it in future issues either. One nice thing about that though, is that by modifying (shortening) the spear on the top of the fin, you can make a 210 hardtop.

PC270098 copy

Edited by Dave Darby
fix typo

On 4/29/2022 at 1:03 PM, Dave Darby said:

Does not, and never had the the rib detail. I wouldn't look for it in future issues either. One nice thing about that though, is that by modifying (shortening) the spear on the top of the fin, you can make a 210 hardtop.

PC270098 copy

Yeah, but it doesn't fix the messed up trim on the side. That kills that model for me.

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

Yeah, but it doesn't fix the messed up trim on the side. That kills that model for me.

I agree. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. That's where the Revell SnapTite and the new tool AMT 57s come in. But the olf tool 57 does offer a plethora of cool vintage custom and speed equipment, along a nice pair of Chrome reversed wheels.