Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 379-119 "Outlaw" style

Started this just before Christmas...going for the Outlaw custom show truck look. Started with an Italeri 377 and 378 kits. Stretched the frame by combining the two from each kit. Cab is the 378, sleeper is from the 377. Oversized fuel tanks were made from 1" PVC pipe and Evergreen strips. Then I threw in an assortment of resin from P&P Vintage Kits.....379 conversion hood, louvered grill, single headlights, flat top sleeper and rear fenders.

1838A_zpsdcaf4316.jpg1837A_zps6902c26f.jpg

that looks quite amazing! what did you use for wheel center caps on the rear? and that tip for the tanks is great, I've never built tanks before because I could never figure out what to use.... where in Virginia are you at?

Chad

• 2 months later...

Project Update.....I have been working away, slowly, but progressing non the less. Where to start, paint is Model Masters Light Desert Tan and Valspar Buckeye Brown (really love the color, but I will never use Valspar again....took way too long to dry and is actually soft, if that makes sense. I've had three chips that I've had to touch up) A lot of BMF work, scratch built light bars under both cab and sleeper, amber lights are jewels from the craft section at JoAnn"s fabric store. All the lights on the back of the sleeper and on the fender supports were made from small eyelets from the fabric store and 4mm jewels from Michaels. Front bumper was scratchbuilt and used the same jewels as the light bars. Front tires and wheels are super singles from KFS covered in BMF and "doctored" with acorn nuts from Scale Hardware. Exhaust stacks are real aluminum bought off EBAY

043A_zps7b03416d.jpg

044A_zps6f3d45fd.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg517/truck429/Peterbilt%20379-119/046A_zps1ccfc73b.jpg[/img

]045A_zpsb0468762.jpg

@ Chad....sorry, I missed your questions....the hub caps are 7/16" half ball cover buttons made by "Dritz" from JoAnns fabric stores and I live in Culpeper, VA

Thanks for looking