Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where would I find the model called Ed Roth's Violent Violet Volkswagon?

Tick tick tick.

Scott

In your imagination, or however that translates into a scale model.

http://davidhudnut.blogspot.com/2012/05/violent-violet-volkswagen.html

In the book, the model kit is described in the following paragraph:

"Jack took the box from his son. It was a model car, one of the Big Daddy Roth caricatures that Danny had expressed an admiration for in the past. This one was the Violent Violet Volkswagen and the picture on the box showed a huge purple VW with long '59 Cadillac Coupe de Ville taillights burning up a dirt track. The VW had a sunroof, and poking up through it, clawed hands on the wheel down below, was a gigantic warty monster with popping bloodshot eyes, a maniacal grin, and a gigantic English racing cap turned around backward."
-Stephen King, The Shining, p. 130

that is one of my all time favorite movies (love the play in it in Bobs burgers)

cool they made a book out of it

kidding guys, i know it was a book first before it was a movie

The book and the movie share little more than a name- Stanley Kubrick's druggy insanity is fun to watch, my friends and I like to get together and watch it every year around Christmas. But the '97 TV miniseries does the book justice. B)

Every time The Shining comes around on cable I watch the opening credits with nostalgia. The long drive to the lodge was filmed on Glacier National Park's Going-to-the-Sun Road. A road I drove every day for the most awesome job of my life, conducting tours in a 1936 White Motorcoach. "Jammers" the drivers are called. Thusly my signature name, Luna (moon) Jammer. --- #85 in '84 all you jammers.

Quick time line,

Steven King wrote the book - By far the scariest book I've ever read.

Kubrick did the move with Jaaaaack. - Not a bad movie, but to me a disappointment because I was looking for a visual rendition of the book.

The mini series followed later. It was much closer to the book. I think Steven King had a hand in it too.

I've never seen the mini series all the way through. I'll have to check it out.

Scott