Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratchbuilding a1/72 Land Rover...

I had this kit from quite a while, I received it so without instructions, and after searching a little bit I think it came out from a old Airfix "Bristol Bloodhound", the kit has also a missile on a trailer, but I have only the Land Rover.

I like only Jeep, so I will not build this as land Rover, but I will build the Spanish made one, called Santana Ligero 88. That was made in Spain from Santana Motors.

Here the kit...
img8492vi.jpg

Edited by Brizio

That's a neat little kit. You're right it did come with a Bloodhound missile and trailer. It also came with a Hercules 130C kit that I remember my dad making in the mid 70's. He even painted the number plates by hand, but those were the days when he could see stuff that small!

I did a little progress too... The tires had some molding issue, so when I sand paper them, they were slick, not the kind of tire you want put on a 4x4... ;D My eyes are not happy with my decision to cut the tread on them... ;D
Her the result, the left is with tread and the right is stock (after sand paper.
img8890vi.jpg

And here one tire done, 4 more to go...
img8891vi.jpg