Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chapparral 2E finished (sort of)

sflam123

Here is one you don't see too often, or at least I haven't. This is a model that has been on my "bucket" list. Unfortunately, when I got the kit, it wasn't in very good shape. The plastic was very brittle (I realize it is about 45 years old) and apparently the plastic had gotten VERY hot at some time, as many of the parts were warped and/or distorted. Despite it all, I believe it turned out okay. I'm calling it complete even though I still need to acquire some decals for it. If anyone has any decals they would like to sell or knows of a source where I can buy some, please contact me. Thanks!!

Steve

DSC_0351_zpsb9ac08a9.jpg

DSC_0350_zps848436b8.jpg

CSC_0356_zps2dd55475.jpg

Given what you had to work with it looks like you did ok. The Blue should have been darker but what the heck.

You can get the numbers here: http://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr6001.htm . They're 1/24 not 1/25 though if you're worried about that. You'll still need to scare up decals for Bosch, Firestone, Cox and Shell.

Very nice. This is one I'd love to see re-issued. I've got the 2D coupe but like this one better, can't afford the Fisher Patterns kit.

Brucs, if you keep an eye out on ebay the IMC/Union kits come up on a fairly regular basis. For your best bet on getting useable decals try to get the Union release.

You can get a set of 2E decals from Fisher Models for $6:

http://fishermodels.com/?mainURL=/store/category/h9lh/Automobile.html

They might be a little big because the Fisher Chaparral is 1/24 scale and the IMC kit is 1/25, but it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Fred Cady also did a set for the Chaparral a while back, but those are pretty hard to find.

Hope this helps.