Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1957 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan - Finished!

RandyB.

Looking good! I'm waiting on the new 57 Bel Air convertible due out later this year to snag the dual carb and batwing aircleaner set up to replicate a 1:1 150 Utility restoration I've seen. I've got the parts from the AMT Pro Shop 57, but they just don't match the detail level of the newer Revell tooling.

How did you do the Chevrolet script on the valve covers? With the kit decals, or paint?

Tom on this forum had suggested to me to use some black engine wire to simulate valve stems and I must say it was a brilliant idea. Have a look.

Tires2.jpg

Great work so far...now, you just need to add wheel weights to the rim!

I just use a small piece of wire smashed in flat nose pliers and a small silver stripe across the rim...

IMG_5189-1_zpsbdc1a751.jpg

I just use a small piece of wire smashed in flat nose pliers and a small silver stripe across the rim...

I know the sky is the limit when it comes to detailing but I'll just settle for the valve stem detail! :o

IMG_5189-1_zpsbdc1a751.jpg

Way too much work. I just put a dab of epoxy on the rim and elongate it with a toothpick. Let it set up and touch it with a bit of aluminum paint. Voila!

B)

Thanks guys for all of the great comments. Well another build completed. I finished this one off this afternoon. Here she is painted in factory colour Tropical Turquoise with the standard gray and black interior sporting the 283ci 283hp fulie. Have a look and see what you think and thanks for following this topic. :)

Revell1957Chevrolet150a.jpg

Revell1957Chevrolet150b.jpg

Revell1957Chevrolet150engine1.jpg