Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Prince Gloria Super 6

Erik Smith

Here is Arii's 1/32 scale kit of the 1964 Prince Gloria Super 6. Paint is Duplicolor Black Sand Pearl. Interior has custom upholstery decals made by me. These kits have no chrome, so all shiny stuff is painted with Alclad Chrome, Polished Aluminum, or Bare Metal Foil. The Arii series of 1/32 kits are a little toy-ish - the glass is usually really, well, crummy - I had to sand and polish the clear plastic on this one. Fit is a little annoying too, but, it turns out cool...

IMG_5260_zpsc524ae6f-1_zps8dd90cad.jpg

IMG_5262_zps0ef3e538.jpg

IMG_5263_zpsfd0b97ca.jpg

IMG_5264_zps7f8d6738.jpg

IMG_5265_zpsd6908d9d.jpg

IMG_5267_zpsba239fcf.jpg

A fun, quick little model! I had fun researching the Japanese plates, too, and I think I got one that is accurate for a car in 1964.

Thanks for the comments

Erik, thats awesome. I've been buying up some 1/32 kits lately on ebay. What is your technique for the worn undercarriage? It looks very nice compared to plain black. Nice job!

The undercarriage is done in flat black and silver rub and buff. I then did a brownish (either Sepia or Mud, I can't remember) wash around the frame in the low spots. Driveline components are mix of Alclad and MM metalizers with light black and brown washes. The chassis on these kits are pretty bare bones - this one is actually pretty detailed and has five separate parts (rear end, shocks, front end, and exhaust).