Model Cars Magazine Forum

Batman's Go Kart

Steve H.

Heres my latest off the bench... Batmans LSR Go Kart.

A fellow hobbyist from SoCal, Lindley Ruddick, cast these and gives them away to builders, with the condition he gets them back to add to his collection. You can build whatever you like, no rules whatsoever!

I had a lot of fun coming up with this scheme...

Front-vi.jpg

rear-vi.jpg

The bodywork is molded in milliputt, after attaching a .040 styrene base and .020 uprights on the front end to define the final shape. The rear fins are .030 styrene glued into grooves cut into the body and blended with milliputt. I also left the resin base off, so it would sit lower. I cut the wheels off the base and mounted them under my finished work. The bottom edge of the body was rounded off using 1/4 round styrene rod, with a .010 plate in front for the intake.

Bodywork-vi.jpg

I painted the base coat in Testors Flame Red (new lacquer) and taped off the graphics, then shot Testors flat black, along with Testors clear. BTW, Flame Red is one of the nicest reds available, as its a very true red.

RedBase-vi.jpg

Here's the rest of the Go Kart collection...

LSR Go Kart Gallery

Enjoy... Comments always welcome!

Simon, These are just solid resin peices, only static display like any other model.

I would think the color you like on that build is Duplicolor Orange Mist. No real way for me to know, but you might want to contact Lindley thru his website that I posted above.

Jairus, Thank you very much for that compliment... I really appreciate it coming from an artist like yourself (and you know I like your work! :( )