Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

Holding the "Ctrl" key and tapping the "+=" key , I zoom in to study your build details.

What caught my eye was all the wire reinforcement you do on the window frame and

door opening. I'm sure it adds stability while you attack it with the files and sandpaper.

Thanks for the sharp and uncluttered pixs.

They make me focus on the bodywork. popcorn-vi.gif

Holding the "Ctrl" key and tapping the "+=" key , I zoom in to study your build details.

What caught my eye was all the wire reinforcement you do on the window frame and

door opening. I'm sure it adds stability while you attack it with the files and sandpaper.

Thanks for the sharp and uncluttered pixs.

They make me focus on the bodywork. popcorn-vi.gif

James........I have dropped builds in the chopped top fab.....I have sanded in the chopped top fab........they broke every time.........I learned that I had to do something to re-inforce it ...... so I tried the wire trick and it really made it strong.......I don`t need to be etxra careful while handling.......plus it adds detail to the door jams........thanks.

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments..........I did some surgery on the dash.........I could not figure out what dash the 1:1 came from........it must have been custom made.......so I used a Chrysler dash and customized it.........I still need to do a little work to it.........not perfect but, good enough for the girls I go with........also made shifter , steering wheel and a telephone........I think the phone will look more to scale once I putty paint and add the cord ........thanks for looking.

medium_2324335363_b0f5ecef23_o12052.jpg

258741382.jpg

DSCF6433.jpg

DSCF6434.jpg

DSCF6432.jpg

DSCF6430.jpg

Hello.......thank you all for you your kind comments.........I modified the C-10 Truck frame and made a belly pan to fit the build.........It will be slammed to ground with front and rear airbags............I will make the gas tank and the compressor/air tank/airbags tonight.........thanks for looking.

DSCF6442.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

DSCF6444.jpg

DSCF6443.jpg

DSCF6436.jpg

Dash in the real vehicle is 57 or 58 Mercury.

Scott........thanks for the info:........I did not have a Mercury dash........so I had to modify a Chrysler dash........I think once it has the rest of the detail ,putty,sanded and painted........hopefully it will look close........thanks.

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments........well, I`m back on progress.......I gathered a few parts from my parts box and made a few parts for the engine.......this is just a mock-up to get a feel of what I want......It`s not perfect but,close to the 1:1.........all the detail will be added later.......I will build some bumpers tomorrow.......then I need to figure out the headers.........thanks for looking.

DSCF6549.jpg

DSCF6547.jpg

DSCF6546.jpg

DSCF6539.jpg

DSCF6536.jpg

DSCF6544.jpg