Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started a Sunbeam Tiger today

moparfarmer

Haven't built much(almost nothing) since my stroke in 1998. Our club(Winnipeg Model Car Club) has a theme show in December. This year its foreign/import. So a friend gives me a Sunbeam Tiger that I gave to him years ago. Two weeks ago I glued the front and rear pans. Tonight I did a little de-flashing and dechroming/mold lines. This thing is molded in bright yellow see through (almost) plastic that AMT used years ago. I don't usually look at part numbers but with foreign stuff who know where or what things are. Can't even see the numbers so will have to prime everything light grey to see them. Haven't done this in a while but it felt good to be back modelling...Hope the eyes can hold out with this yellow plastic..No pictures due to no hosting site...

I'll have to get one of my friends with a hosting site(Fotki/photobucket) to post the underglass stuff when I'am done. Sure felt good to do a little work. Yellow is terrible to work with and will have to grey prime everything to even see the part #s..So far everything is going good on it though. Worked about 2 1/2 hours on it tonight while working the puter too. Even thinking of finishing my 40Ford coupe I painted about 8 yrs ago and a 64 Dodge 330 sedan...