Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Chevy Fleetline

geetee66

I got my inspiration from the www.1948chevy.com website. A good resource if you're going to build one of these.

I liked this kit, despite some warp in the floor/chassis and the metal transfers had weak adhesive. Apart from that, it was a fun challenge.

I tried my best for a good paintjob. i used a lot of clear and wet sanded it before 3 stages of polishing.

BMF was tricky as the lines were feint, but after a bit of sweat and frayed nerves, I got it done.

I wired the plugs, added fuel lines, battery cables and swapped the kit wheels for some lowrider rims from Pegasus.

I got the ride height as low as I could without chopping up the chassis and floor. I admit i wasn't feeling brave enough to risk ruining the kit as it was a gift from someone special.

I decided it needed a pimped interior, so it now has glittery seats and a white flocked carpet.

The windows were replaced with acetate, as the kit glass was scratched despite never having been out of the bag(??) and the windshield glass had a prominent bubble inside the styrene, so that was binned.

Thanks for looking

I hope you like it

428-vi.jpg

434-vi.jpg

431-vi.jpg

436-vi.jpg

Got the images sorted now. Thanks to all who gave me tips and advice. Much appreciated

Edited by geetee66

Just need to type %7Boption%7D and /img (also enclosed in brackets) before/after the pic's url

Nice build btw.

Huh? Please give an example of what such a link would be based on the links he provided.

And yes, geetee66, you can post images directly from your computer using the attachment feature in Use Full Editor or More Reply Options.

Guest G Holding

Thanks Greg

I normally get this stuff right, but I don't see an image box.

Do you mean the 'Attach Files' thing at the bottom of the page?

Nope....Go to the full reply mode and 1/2 way across the second line is a box with a small green box in it , when you hover over it it will say IMAGE

click on that and paste the line you posted in the box. You can do this multiple times....

Let's see...

I went to my Fotki folder, copied the url below, posted it into the forum's image box and got a message saying I'm not allowed to use that extension on this forum...

http://public.fotki.com/sjordan47/mcm-album/bill-the-cat.html

Then I tried it by typing %7Boption%7D before and after the complete link above with the same result.

Edited by sjordan2

Guest G Holding

Let's see...

I went to my Fotki folder, copied the url, posted it into the forum's image box and got a message saying I'm not allowed to use that extension on this forum...

http://public.fotki.com/sjordan47/mcm-album/bill-the-cat.html

Then I tried it by typing %7Boption%7D before and after the complete link above with the same result.

for a picture you need the jpg link not the html (the html will show the entire album page ) plus the picture and is not a image extension

Edited by G Holding

Beautiful Fleetline.

I had to goof around a little to find the proper means to post images here, from fotki. Go to the fotki image you want to post, and, cursor on the image, right click>copy image url. That's the link that you want to post in the field you get when you click on "Image" here. Oh, and remember to hit enter twice after it accepts the image link. That will give you one blank line between images, or to separate your image from any text which follows.