Model Cars Magazine Forum

Introducing the 2014 Corvette Berlinetta... 1st 2014 Vette sells for?

Anybody seen the new 2014 Corvette yet? Let the critiquing begin....

564D902B-F44C-4657-83AD-0F06685A7D4C-113

79613DD1-5ABC-42B3-9B54-8309EE028370-113

1318119D-752B-4B11-8F7B-F6773FBCD69C-113

E23EDB33-C16C-453A-ABC4-B59956B55C2B-113

11F3C81D-6C69-4113-B9C3-0012BC7622DE-113

And just for comparisons sake... The real 2012 Ferrari Berlinetta...

A0EBF60C-CFC1-4949-8380-568CBC3B23A6-113

3288F0D3-6BCE-431F-A9CC-0D214C14043E-114

F744DCE3-F0A7-42B1-8C6C-87DE44EA182A-114

There's no denying where GM has gotten their styling cues from, along with Camaro-ish tail-lights, but like they say... Copying is the highest form of flattery...

Cliff

Edited by CJ1971

Somebody on the Dodge Avenger forum noticed this..........

Noticed the similarities with the Viper too but didn't have a good comparison pic, like above, so thanks. Thought it might cause a riot between us Mopar guys & the Chevy guys... Lol! :-)

What car does not have "similarities" to other cars?

"Look, Dude! It's got four wheels ... they stole that!"

:mellow:

There's a difference between just "similarities" & necessities. All automobiles need wheels, doors ( of some sort ), an engine, again of some sort/variety, etc, making these things "necessities". Similarities are a different kettle of fish. Have you ever seen a Ferrari look vaguely "similar" to a Mustang? Or a Lamborghini look "similar" to a Dodge Challenger? Once you understand the difference between the 2, similarities & necessities, your argument that all cars are " similar" is quite incorrect.

It's about design, creativity, indivualism of brands etc.... & not wanting to "look" like every other car, or a particular car, out there today. In this instance GM's new 2014 Corvette doesn't appear to have ANY individualism/creativity etc... It simply looks like a parts pack, working man's Ferrari Berlinetta cross Viper cross GTR35....

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this, but you know what? I think it's an improvement over the current 'Vette. Meaner and a lot less 'flabby' looking.

The new Viper stole its front from the C6 if you compare the two. Plus, the Viper is just getting too long in the tooth design wise. Same basic body style since it came out. No roll bar on the convertable anymore either. Yes, the new Vette draws a lot from Ferrari and the Japanese crowd, but yes, it is now less flabby looking.

When and who is going to be doing kits?

There's a difference between just "similarities" & necessities. All automobiles need wheels, doors ( of some sort ), an engine, again of some sort/variety, etc, making these things "necessities". Similarities are a different kettle of fish. Have you ever seen a Ferrari look vaguely "similar" to a Mustang? Or a Lamborghini look "similar" to a Dodge Challenger? Once you understand the difference between the 2, similarities & necessities, your argument that all cars are " similar" is quite incorrect. It's about design, creativity, indivualism of brands etc.... & not wanting to "look" like every other car, or a particular car, out there today. In this instance GM's new 2014 Corvette doesn't appear to have ANY individualism/creativity etc... It simply looks like a parts pack, working man's Ferrari Berlinetta cross Viper cross GTR35....
I would have to agree. The car doesn't have any individualism. I personally think they veer further and further away from what we all know as the classic American corvette, this to me looks like a European version. They said its based off the stingray but I don't see it. If anything I think they should of at least added the split back window to give it some separation from the rest. Overall I think they missed the mark but that's just my opinion.

I really like the C6 - this one looks more hyped up and angry, although is does look better in the pics Cliff put up (the red one looks nicer).

I find it all a bit busy and agree with the others about the back, they've moved away from the classic design.

We'll have to see what it looks like on the road and what its driving dynamics are like before we can get the final perspective on it.

Cheers,

Jim