Model Cars Magazine Forum

379 Pete with 53' moebius Trailer

Wow that is a really nice rig, I am trying to build something very similar in a day cab version. Your's is sitting just right, how did you go about lowering it? I like the full fender's and all the custom touches on this...that stack's look perfect as well.

Wow that is a really nice rig, I am trying to build something very similar in a day cab version. Your's is sitting just right, how did you go about lowering it? I like the full fender's and all the custom touches on this...that stack's look perfect as well.

On the front I noched the axle to fit lower on the front springs, on the rear basically glued the axles to the frame, the did a lot of cut on the leaf hanger and the air ride brackets to make it look right. Like I said this was my first one, there are probably a lot of different ways to do it. Thanks for the complement.

This is really nice, can you give any tips on the paint, like brand and what you used for masking?

I use testers paint I buy it in the 3oz spray cans then decan it and spray it on with my airbrush. For masking I use 2inch frog tape put it on a pice of glass and cut however wide strips I need then place on truck and paint

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...