Model Cars Magazine Forum

'51 Chevy mild custom, finished.

Lyle Willits

001-vi.jpg

Subtle lip built around grille shell. Corvette-type grille from parts box. Lowered with posable steering. BOB DUDDEK lakes pipes with the ends drilled open and the caps mounted in the open position.

005-vi.jpg

Stock rear bumper. Smooth front bumper from a Revell '54 sedan delivery kit. Frenched tailights are simply BMF in the indentations for the stock tailights and Tamiya clear red.

013-vi.jpg

These pipes from BOB DUDEK are just too cool! Steelies have chromed spiders from The Modelhaus and Bare Metal Foil trim rings, which, in my opinion, is the only way to make trim rings IN SCALE.

017-vi.jpg

'59 Vette engine with all the chrome dulled down to make it aluminum. Lots of plumbing added. Reps & Mins predrilled distributor. Battery from Revell '56 chevy kit.

018-vi.jpg

I spent alot of time on the interior,,,,,,,and then put it in a closed car!!!! DUH!

004-vi.jpg

Ready to drive to Lloyd Woddington's shop where the '49 Merc MAMA logo car is being started.

Looks mean Lyle... the engine feels like it was factory installed !!!!!!! The interiors are just beautifull... even with a closed car it really shows the time you spent on detailing.

How do you managed to get such a fine detail with the BMF ring inside those steelies, with not enven a scrath on them? That is a really tight spot to handle the "exacto" kinfe... I really admire your patience...

Congratulations man, you did an awesome job as aussual... ;)