Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Belvedere

bbowser

Just finished tonight, the glue is still drying on the jewelry. Lindberg kit-I really enjoyed this one. Great detail and it went together really well. I wanted something different than a white top so I went with black. Looking at it now I don't really like the wide whitewalls, should have went with narrow whites. Comments welcome as always.

SAM_2462.jpg

SAM_2460.jpg

SAM_2456.jpg

SAM_2452.jpg

SAM_2450.jpg

SAM_2458.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Holy cow! That's gorgeous!

I like the wide whites. Maybe not 100% "period correct," but they do give the car a vintage vibe that I think is pretty cool. I'm pretty sure that wide whites were still available from tire stores back then, so you're not necessarily wrong.

BTW, nice pix, too.

I believe 61 was the last year cars were sold New from the dealer with Wide Whites.

Doers not mean you as a buyer could not still buy them for a newer car after.

I am converting an AMT 64 Impala to convertible and it will have Wide-Whites.

Maybe if your Belvedere was a Convertible you would like the looks of the wide-whites better on it,.

Personally, I Prefer them to those things they call tires now-a-days!!

Look more like rubber bands on Wagon wheels

Gotta agree with Dan about the elastics on wagon wheels. And from talking to a lot of tire men lately, as my car has become very hard to fit tires for, the tires also don't take well to New England roads.

Back to the model, it looks great, Bruce. I would suspect some WWWs might have been available new for some time after the early '60s, so I suppose it's possible. I personally would have preferred the narrows on that car, as I think they proportion better, but they do work in their own way.

I like the pastel blue with black vinyl roof. That looks good.

Charlie Larkin

Great looking Plymouth ! Great looking paint and overall a very clean build .

I like the wide whites . My Dad had them on his "new" '60 Dodge convertible and when he bought a new '64 the first thing he did was go to Sears and by a set of WWW tires for it !

Very nice looking Belvedere Bruce! I have to agree with you about the tires. It would look better with a set of thin white wall tires. Of course, those can be easily changed out.