Model Cars Magazine Forum

98 Ram Air Firebird w/a LSX 454....update 1-23-13

mopar01lee

Ok so i start more builds than i finish as most of us do . So to keep it goin i started this revell 98 ram air firebird .

i will finish this one cuz its for my wonderfull wife, its her fav car ,and will represent the car i will be getting her in the near future.

were lookin just havent found the right one yet..

ok on with the build ..

first i modified the hood an raised it 3mm in the center to make a cowl induction ram air . i had to do this to clear the lhe lsx 454s intake i made.. more on that in a min..

heres a few body pics .. rims are pro stars an tires are from the 70 baldwin camaro..

2014.jpg

2013.jpg

so i took the cars ls1 an did some lookin online an i converted the ls1 to a LSX 454 with a high rise fuel injected intake fully scratch built w/a aluminum throttle body.. made some valve covers. yes i will be useing the coil packs cut apart an done as MSD coils , i may build a pro charger , dont kw yet.. heres some pics.

2025.jpg

2026.jpg

2027.jpg

started a 6 point roll bar .. no pics yet.. more to come soon

later days ..Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

Nice! I like this build. I'm currently building the 99 camaro kit. I wanted to just build a turboed street car. But I had some slicks from a 72 camaro kit and I ended up tubing the rear. So not so much of a street car now. I still have a long way to go. I wanna build a intake like yours but have no clue where to start. Lol I'll be following this build.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so got a lill done on the firebird...

made a 6 point touring style roll bar..

2029.jpg

fits nicely in the car..

2032.jpg

2035.jpg

intake set an clearing the cowl..

2040.jpg

well finished the lsx valve covers .

2045.jpg

2046.jpg

2047.jpg

i also finaly got the aluminum wire i ordered to make the headers .. there made just no pics yet..

im also working on the 8 msd coil packs .

enjoy later days.. davin