Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 corvette

72 Charger

I had started this kit some years back, another shelved project. My initial thoughts were that despite the inconvience of it having the multiple part body it was actually quite accurate and buildable, certainly compared to other C1 kits of the day. Today one could start with the Revell/Monogram '59 kit.

What you see, as it sits, looks pretty nice. The chassis is hurt by the low parts count, but it can look very nice on display. The interior looks great. Better test fit the windshield assembly before you get too far. I found the glass fit so poorly I could never really tell which way it was supposed to go.

Something like this could be cool.

post-7490-0-77287200-1358356664_thumb.jp

Hi all Thanks for the heads up about the windscreen frame ! Well after a hunt on google I think I know what direction Im going with this one . Firstly I didnt like how thick the side trim was so it got removed along with the flags door locks and handles then the trim on the wing/fender. Next I filed a V groove to match the headlights . This ones going to be smooooooth Im goin to keep the three small spears in the vents and the headlights will be frenched in and Im thinking of having caddi bullet rear lights? maybe as for the screen well how about frameless ?

post-10436-0-34397200-1358379507_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all well after a bit of a fight Ive managed to beat this body into shape .

The chassis has been pushed up into the body as there was a 3mm gap round the seat tops. This ment that I had to trim the door panels at the bottom to lower the dash down

next the wheels have been swaped for some from a firebird I think ?

Headlights have now been frenched in and the front valence has now been fitted with some plasticcard behind the bumper ends.Anyhoo heres some pics enjoy comments good or bad welcomed

post-10436-0-92892700-1359340030_thumb.j

post-10436-0-33459100-1359340077_thumb.j

post-10436-0-68633700-1359340108_thumb.j

post-10436-0-81074800-1359340139_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...