Model Cars Magazine Forum

round 2 website...

towtruck

have you all seen the Round 2 website lately ?....'62 vette " sock it to me" reissue.. stock or gasser build up slated for Feb... '56 Ford victoria straight reissue from early 60s slated for March....'67 Shelby gt 350 for Feb...Opel gt molded in yellow for Feb & molded in white for Jan. release.. also the Christine Plymouth Fury molded in red now & moded in white for Feb..just a little FYI...J.G.

have you all seen the Round 2 website lately ?....'62 vette " sock it to me" reissue.. stock or gasser build up slated for Feb... '56 Ford victoria straight reissue from early 60s slated for March....'67 Shelby gt 350 for Feb...Opel gt molded in yellow for Feb & molded in white for Jan. release.. also the Christine Plymouth Fury molded in red now & moded in white for Feb..just a little FYI...J.G.

Tim Boyd's been recreating the Sock It To Me Vette using the new Revell kit and a Miss Deal chassis over on the other board (and his fotki page) . Good timing for that reissue! I'm sure they'll throw some of their new slicks in there and do it up pretty nice.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Round 2 has even gone so far as to spring for the flourescent orange ink on the box top (which I had never noticed until they mentioned it to me) so that the new box matches the 1968 vintage original. And supposedly the decals look even better than the originals....(I won't even begin to mention what I had to do to salvage the original decals I used in my build referenced by Brent above...)_ TIM

Tim Boyd's been recreating the Sock It To Me Vette using the new Revell kit and a Miss Deal chassis over on the other board (and his fotki page) . Good timing for that reissue! I'm sure they'll throw some of their new slicks in their and do it up pretty nice.

I couldn't find it. Can you post a link?

There's been quite a few announcements made by Round 2 about what they're cooking up for this year. These are what I have so far, sorry I don't have more details as of yet -

1/25 1965 Ford Galaxie Stock Race Car (Fred Lorenzen)

1/25 1940 Ford Coupe

1/25 Ford LN8000 Race Car Hauler

1/25 Ford C600 Pepsi City Delivery Truck

1/25 1975 Chevy Rescue Van

1/25 1940 Willys Coupe Pickup Truck

1/25 Dodge Dart Sportsman Race Car (Petty)

1/25 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner

1/25 1960 Ford Ranchero (Ohio George)

1/25 1969 Chevelle Convertible

1/25 1936 Ford Coupe

1/25 1966 Mustang (could be a restoration of the GT Fastback? edit - nope, it's an "Airplane" movie tie-in of the convertible)

1/25 1969 Camaro

1/25 2013 Camaro ZL1

1/25 1971 Dodge Demon (MPC)

Edited by Brett Barrow

Interesting..what is the source for this list? A few of these were in the iHobby announcement a few months ago like the Chevy rescue van. Some very interesting items on that list like the '69 Chevelle conv and Demon...

My source? I'd tell ya, but I'd hafta kill ya... :D I work in the hobby biz. I don't think there's anything on there that's super-ultra-top secret. But models are my 9-5 Mon-Fri job, I forget sometimes that what's common knowledge in the industry might not be that well publicized to the public yet. Like I thought everybody already knew about Moebius doing a '56 300B, but apparently that was big news the other day.

I know this is a NO, but does the Rescue van mean we are Finally getting the

Open Window option Back in that Chevy Van??

I have my Original of that issue and would Love to have those back!!

Will we at least be getting the Bench seats back for a Passenger option??

What about the open Road version they had???

On the 65 Galaxie, are they returning the separate clear red tail light lenses to this kit??

I have a Convertible and need a pair of those

Edited by Edsel-Dan

I know this is a NO, but does the Rescue van mean we are Finally getting the

Open Window option Back in that Chevy Van??

I have my Original of that issue and would Love to have those back!!

Will we at least be getting the Bench seats back for a Passenger option??

What about the open Road version they had???

I was under the assumption the most recent "Dirty Donny" version is the how the tooling for the second gen LWB Chevy van exists, so to backdate it (unless the body shell tooling is a separate insert?) to the original version with the separate filler panels would essentially make the DD version a "One Run of Fun" issue, which Round2 specifically didn't do nor advertise it as.

I think Round2 will simply release the kit much the same as the DD version, but add in the Fire-sepcific parts, leaving the body as a cargo van, as pictured on the box art:

chevresvan.jpg

Basically, I don't think they're going to provide the filler panel option, so this'll strictly be a very lightly modified reissue.

I'm not going to suggest collusion, but there are some incredible similarities between Round2's and Revell's releases over the last 18 months or so:

1) AMT Chevy LWB van, Revell '77 Chevy SWB van

2) Revell '57 Ford Custom, AMT '57 Ford Fairlaine and '56 Crown Victoria

3) Revell '62 Corvette, AMT '62 Corvette

4) Revell '40 Willy Street Rod, AMT '40 Willys pickup

5) Revell '69 Camaro ZL-1, AMT '69 Camaro and new Camaro ZL-1

They're in cahoots, I tell ya! :lol:

That Dodge Demon is really going to be a hot seller, too. I wonder if the tooling for it is still intact?

I do wonder, though, if Round2 is watching and timing some of their releases to take advantage of the interest some Revell kits might drum up; the '62 'Vette has a hardtop that might interest owners of the Revell kit, for example, and the Revell Ford Custom might make one think of AMT's '57 500 and wonder how it compares - particularly if he hasn't had one around for a while.

That Dodge Demon is really going to be a hot seller, too. I wonder if the tooling for it is still intact?

I assume it would be a retool from the '75 Dart Sport kit that's been reissued a couple times.. the Demon and the '60 Ranchero (if they tool up stock parts) are the most interesting to me on the AMT list, though the race car hauler and Chevelle convertible sound great also. I have a gluebomb of the ''Countdown Series' Chevelle convertible, surprised that one hasn't been reissued yet.

I'm not going to suggest collusion, but there are some incredible similarities between Round2's and Revell's releases over the last 18 months or so:

I don't think it's collusion. Or even cahoots.

And it might be as you suggested ... if Brand X is bringing out a '57 Ferd and Brand Y already has a '57 Ferd in its inventory, why not pop out some of those Brand Y Ferds and get in on the bandwagon?

A) I don't either, hence my cahoots comment. I just can't recall seeing this much borderline overlap between AMT and Revell kits before.

B) I suspect that's what the reasoning was for reissuing the '56 Crown Victoria. I think more than one person who buys multiple copies of the Revell '57 Ford will combine many of the parts with AMT's '56 Crown Vic, so I guess it's a win-win for both companies.

The AMT kits are just reissues and in most cases I would take the Revell over the AMT , especially looking at your list. I think it is a great time to be a model builder with all that is being sent our way.

I agree on the van NOT getting the open window option returned,

they did not give us the open hood it use to have!!!

But look at the side panel of that box. It shows the Rescue, Police &

Custom Options With the Open window panels.

I Have that box still and a parts lot from a Penski set so I do have the panels

to make either a cargo or Passenger van.

Also, the Rescue Did include at least One Bench, though mounted sideways on

the right side of the interior.

I hope the stretcher, bull horn, rope coil etc are included.

I have that stretcher in an MPC Snap kit Blazer Emergency Rescue issue.

(Same build option as last 1975 Snap Blazer kit)

I too hope the Stock wheels/tires are included in the Ranchero.

The pic's show Dog-dish caps.

My 2 kits have fill wheel cover. They are both Curbside, since the original Styline came that way.

(1 of mine Is a Styline, the other the Desert Race "El Ranchero Grande")

Curious about the Grill too since they are calling it a 60 this time.

It has always been a 61, though my "Grande" kit calls it a 62

According to the stevens hobby shop listing round 2 is going to reissue the 58 belvedere and the christine kit as separate reissues. Talk about getting the most of your molds. There is a lot of neT stuff coking from everyone. Im going to have to pawn my house, kids and cars just to afford 1 of everything i want.