Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Supernatural" '67 Impala 4 dr HT - Anyone Considering Casting it?

We've been watching the television series Supernatural and given the shows popularity, I am wondering if anyone has considered offering a '67 Impala four door hardtop in resin to replicate the car used in the series? I know that someone in Europe is casting it but I was hoping to find someone a bit closer to home. This may be a viable project for some enterprising resin guy... especially given the fact that the AMT '67 hardtop kit is still plentiful and can be had at reasonable prices.

Its not that hard to do the conversion yourself. I did one early last year and it turned out good except for the roof (The putty I used shrank and revealed the join lines a little) I sanded it back and repainted it and its a lot better but not perfect. Any way it only took a few months, I will be doing a second one this year (if I can ever get my current projects done) but this time round I am going to have all 4 doors, trunk and hood hinged and this time round I will try a different putty so there wont be the same mistake...

By the way this was my first attempt at any body modifications and I didn't find it that hard to do, just time consuming. Here's a link if your interested: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/29/t/107258.aspx

• 1 month later...

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mikemodeler" data-cid="884128" data-time="1361623490"><p>How many times are you going to ask and be told they don't exist? Get a clue, if you want them, you will have to make them!</p></blockquote>Persistence is the key . Anyone show this builder the way to a tutorial for making a 4 dr. ? Thanx ..

I be thinking in build one myself using a 2 door in a future, couse I'm a big fan of this Supernatural car. In fact I be thinking in build another 4 door from a 2 door. a 69 plymouth Satellite to resemble my father's one.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mikemodeler" data-cid="884128" data-time="1361623490"><p>How many times are you going to ask and be told they don't exist? Get a clue, if you want them, you will have to make them!</p></blockquote>Persistence is the key . Anyone show this builder the way to a tutorial for making a 4 dr. ? Thanx ..

John,

He is looking for a kit and posted in three different sections, over the span of several days, looking for it. It was responded to by myself and others stating a kit did not exist and he would have to find a 2 door and convert it.

John,

He is looking for a kit and posted in three different sections, over the span of several days, looking for it. It was responded to by myself and others stating a kit did not exist and he would have to find a 2 door and convert it.

Yes, and the conversion is more than re-scribing the doors to 4drs...the 4dr ht roofline is completely different than the 2dr fastback, rear window is different, decklid is probably a different length, different quarter panel upper shape, etc..

Yes, and the conversion is more than re-scribing the doors to 4drs...the 4dr ht roofline is completely different than the 2dr fastback, rear window is different, decklid is probably a different length, different quarter panel upper shape, etc..

Correct. There were only a few cars that used the same wheelbase and roof assy from 2 door to 4 door. The 67-8 Impala was not one of them.

Isn't Google wonderful.

There are pics of the German transkit here http://204442.homepagemodules.de/t644f24-SUPERNATURAL-acute-Chevrolet-Impala-door-amp-Figures.html

It was made by Scale Production who can be found at www.scaleproduction.de but it is not listed on their website anymore.

However, no harm in sending them an e-mail. If you can be bothered that is.

Quite frankly, I think that somewhere out there, there are resin casters who could produce this car and by not doing so, they are losing out a possibly profitable deal. i think that the car would sell simply because some people like four doors and stuff that is different plus there are the modelers who enjoy the show and admire the car. My youngest son usually isn't too crazy about big cars but he sure does like that black Impala as do I. As for converting a two door, I have neither the talent or the time to tackle a project like that as from what i have seen, it requires a lot of cutting and sectioning. I'd be happy to buy a couple of the models - one for my son and one for myself and if the price wasn't to outlandish, I;d probably get a couple for myself. Maybe some enterprising caster should post some surveys on some of the model car forum sites and just see whatthe response is. This is just an honest suggestion - nothing more. :):)

Edited by impcon

I have been in contact with Mike (Scaleproduction) for a long time and so yesterday I talked to him about other projects but I also asked him about the 4 door transkit. The case is that he made this work for another client/friend, called Oliver. And I got in touch with Oliver too. What he told me was that he will relaunch this transkit next autumn.

So.. lets wait and see ;-)

Taking oportunity of the topic: which kit provides this wheel set?

Impala.jpg

There is a perfect set of those wheels in the Revell 70 Buick GSX, that's what I used on mine :

7418819422_6880feb8f9_c.jpg

There is also a set with the Fujimi Suzuki Jimny custom but I believe you have to use 2 kits to get a set of 4 (I think its because the rear wheel ones are different size)

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

I am currently gathering the required parts and kits and will convert another to a 4 door sports sedan (sometime in the next 6 months) but this one will have all doors opened and hinged, hood and trunk opened and hinged. Its going to be super detailed and i may consider casting it.i am trying to clear some room on my bench by finishing stalled builds, then i will start.

• 6 years later...

Supernatural Fans - 1967 4-Door Impala Resin Transkit is available again!

Just in time for the 15th and final season of Supernatural, a high quality resin transkit is now available in limited quantities.  The kit will include:

• 4-Door Impala body
  • Hood
  • 4 Rims
  • Door Panels
  • Front Rear Bench Seats

You will need a standard AMT 67 Impala kit to complete the build.

Price for the transkit is 80 Euros (International Shipping is 18,50 (insured and registered is 24,00).

Contact o.scheitza@gmx.de for more info.