Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Studebaker Lark convertible

Ron35369

Here's another of my older builds from the 90's...the Johan 62 Studebaker Lark snap kit. A very simplistic kit, but it was fun putting a few of my own touches on it. I painted it in a light blue solid base & then sprayed white pearl over the body. Lowered the front suspension & added wheels & tires from the Revell 56 Ford pickup. A couple chrome exhaust tips out the back & it made a nice Boulevard cruiser. Hope you enjoy.

DSCN1509.jpg

DSCN1510.jpg

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

Very nice! I used to own a 1:1 '63 sedan. I thought I was going to restore it, but it's rust had rust. Once I figured out that both the A and B pillars were near rusted through, it was over.

Back when I was a kid in 1969, we moved to Pirmasens, Germany. My father was US military and he was taking over a unit from another officer who was going stateside. This guy had a 1962 Studebaker Lark convertible. I was big on taking over the car, as was my father since he had a '62 4 door sedan and two previous Studes. The owner discouraged us since the chassis had totally rotted out! Keep in mind that this was only a 7 year old car at that point!

First thing to strike me was the color choice. I'm biased towards blue. Then I noticed the trunk lettering, the shine overall and the sedate interior trim. A very clean and smooth overall build. This is one to be proud of to be sure. Not my cup-of-tea, but I gotta give it four cool's outta five. B)B) B) B)

I'm with Jacen on this! Very clean execution. Excellent!

B)

Thank you for the great comments. George53 I miss Johan as well. Their kits were far from complicated but they had the right look to them & they were always filling a spot that was void from the other makers. They did the , shall we say, non-mainstream cars that nobody else would do...Ramblers, Desotos, Cadillacs. John...a kit is only as simple as you let it be ;)