Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Weathering practice - Vol. 4"

Shelby 427 1965

"I don't even know why we called the album 'Volume 4.' There wasn't even a Volume 1, or 2, or 3. It's stupid."

- Tony Iommi, Black Sabbath. There hasn't been a volume anything else of weathering practice, either.

So there's a bit of a back story to this one.

I came out of the school building today (I do all my spraying in my dad's "woodshop" classroom. Woodshop is what you guys call it isn't it? Or something like that. Anyway.) and it was snowing outside, quite heavily too. Extremely windy as well.

Getting out of the car to go into the house, the wind caught my freshly painted Polar White (and this was my VERY first time spray painting white - I've always been too afraid to do it before.) Subaru Impreza off the stand that I had it on, and knocked it straight to the ground, taking chips out of the paint. I was very, very, VERY angry. And frankly, for the life of me I could not be BOTHERED to do anything more to this rubbish basic kit. So after much anger was vented out of me via my drum kit, I decided to make the most of it and weather what I had, cover the blemishes. Inspired by the snow, I tried to do as realistic as I could snow weathering.

Modifications:

Removed the rear spoiler and it's mounting points

Custom aluminium tubing exhaust (the McDonalds straw idea got scrapped after I finally found the right diameter tubing)

Front badge changed to the older 90s logo

This is, to me, the ugliest Impreza they made. I'd still have it over the current one though.

8392490789_392fdac26d_b.jpg
8392490611_dbab534014_b.jpg

8392490497_a230f95fd6_b.jpg
8392490133_751e6f45f8_b.jpg

8392489649_45b77d39c3_b.jpg
8392489787_a38771cd4b_b.jpg
I'll have some good outdoor pics (Hopefully in the snow!) tomorrow.
Thanks for looking, all comments are muchly appreciated! :)