Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Ford Highway Patrol

tomsheehy

Here's a few in progress shots of the Revell 57 Ford Custom. I'm building it as a replica of a Wyoming Highway Patrol unit, base on some Internet reference.

This kit is absolutely fantastic. I have had no issues whatsoever with the fit and engineering of the kit. It goes together extremely well. Revell has a true standout here, their recent new issues keep getting better and better.

Well, enough for now...here's the pics. With any luck, it'll be done this weekend.

P1144661-vi.jpg

P1144662-vi.jpg

P1184664-vi.jpg

P1184665-vi.jpg

P1184668-vi.jpg

Looking good, I was wondering about the seats, door panels, is that a decal ? and where did you get it ?

Randy, they are decals and they're included in the kit. They are almost a perfect fit and lay down very well. I really have not found anything bad to say about this kit so far. I will be building a bunch of them over time, especially after the police version comes out.

Randy, they are decals and they're included in the kit. They are almost a perfect fit and lay down very well. I really have not found anything bad to say about this kit so far. I will be building a bunch of them over time, especially after the police version comes out.

Thanks Tom, I should take a look at some of these new issues I'm guessing some others have this to.

Your build looks great!! This is one nice kit - I think one of the best ever produced. kinda funny how Revell has moved to the forefront from where they used to be. I recall revell kits being of questionable quality a few years back but they have really pulled their socks up and started getting it right. Hopefully these '57 Ford kits will really sell well and encourage them to produce somemore rather obscure cars like this one.

But back to your workmanship - the interior looks fantastic - what colour did you use for the areas not covered by decals? WIll your dash be a solid grey or will it have a cream coloured band running across it like the Fairlane 500's did? All in all, this is going to be a very nice representation when completed. Thank you for posting the pictures. :):):)

Thanks Gary...to answer your questions: door panels were painted three shades of gray plus the decals. First, overall a primer of light gray, then the lower panel is a dark gray, and the top 'rail' is gunmetal to match the dash. The armrest was painted and handles BMF'ed prior to the decals. Seats are primer light gray with some dark gray trim and the decals. The dash is gunmetal with some aluminum on the center raised portions as per some Internet reference (link below) The base Custom were very plain Jane, and I tried to keep it that way. I added two spotlight handles to the dash, along with a scratchbuilt police radio and a shotgun.

Link I used for reference:

http://c-it.com/aminter-tbirds/315/index.htm

P1184671-vi.jpg

Edited by tomsheehy

Looking GREAT!!!....I to want to do a police car with this great kit from Revell, the details,paint and finish is looking superb...this is going to be a real beauty, as soon as I finish my 1978 LTD Kentucky state police model will start with the Revell one, think my scrachtbuild 1984/85 "baby" LTD police will have to wait