Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harry P.

Reworking some familiar designs

What if a Studebaker and a Mustang had a baby??? :D

studebang.jpg

Oy, vey... :lol:

No....

i had that idea of the vw cruiser, but now i have one of a pt cruiser with a mini cooper

That VW Cruiser isn't a far stretch. Remember the old VW Squarebacks (I think they were called)? My old neighbor had two of them.

Later-

Harry,that Camaro is dead on right down to the color. Any thoughts on an interior? Oh yea,Can I have one? Can I? Can I? Huh? :D

Hey Harry, I've got that Cougar in my model room. I used the '69 Eliminator for the conversion!

Photos???

Great work, Harry! I like all of them.Your Mustang wagon looks better to me than the concept Ford supposedly built:

mustangwagon_110_resized.jpg

Great work, Harry! I like all of them.Your Mustang wagon looks better to me than the concept Ford supposedly built:

mustangwagon_110_resized.jpg

Someone showed me that Mustang concept after I had done my version... I had never seen it before. Kind of scary how similar they are! :P

Hey Harry, got any new ones?

Not too many new ones. I've been too busy doing "real work" and the magazine stuff...I wish there were more hours in a day!

Here's one that I did a few days ago... so I guess it is "new"... 2010 Tucker.

tucker.jpg

It's a Buick... which I guess is sort of an upscale Malibu. ;)

:oB):lol::lol:

Ha! 'Upscale Malibu'!!!! That's like saying you live in a 'nice slum' or referring to yourself as an 'upwardly mobile drifter'!

Still like the '10 Tucker, though!

:);):lol::lol:

Ha! 'Upscale Malibu'!!!! That's like saying you live in a 'nice slum' or referring to yourself as an 'upwardly mobile drifter'!

Still like the '10 Tucker, though!

I'm assuming that GM still uses common platforms... so my guess would be a Malibu and a Buick (whatever the Buick model that's the same size as the Malibu) are more or less the same car under the skin. Maybe not... I dunno.

What if you're an upwardly-mobile drifter currently passing through a nice slum while eating jumbo shrimp out of the dumpster of a fine dining Long John Silver's establishment? Would your head explode?

What if you're an upwardly-mobile drifter currently passing through a nice slum while eating jumbo shrimp out of the dumpster of a fine dining Long John Silver's establishment? Would your head explode?

Not really... that's pretty much how I spend every Friday evening!