Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Olds fastback...any market?

A fair number of folks on several forums have expressed interest in a resin version of my '50 Olds conversion, specifically to work with the Revell donor kit. I know there is, or was, already an Olds fastback out there, but I'm assuming it's got molded-on details that are separate, like the rear fender trim, on the Revell kit. Anybody really interested? Tire kickers? I can finish it and hand it off to a known caster if there's desire...

DSCN8148.jpg

That's pretty cool. Nice work. I'll probably go for a tad more chop, lay the A-pillars back just a bit more, experiment with slanted B-pillars as LDO suggested (which could be cut out to get the hardtop look) and drop the decklid just a little between the fenders. There's a chopped 1:1 floating around somewhere that has just the look I'm after. I've seen it in bare metal but can't remember where. Anyway, the lines on the thing flow really nicely. Hmmm...now another web search looms...

That's pretty cool. Nice work. I'll probably go for a tad more chop, lay the A-pillars back just a bit more, experiment with slanted B-pillars as LDO suggested (which could be cut out to get the hardtop look) and drop the decklid just a little between the fenders.

Thanks but I can't take credit for it. I bought that model as you see it in the photo. Judging from the clean conversion work versus the moderate quality paint and finish work I think it must be a resin body. I'd love to know where it came from since it could be built as a '50 Olds