Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

Just found this project, and it is awesome! Your craftsmanship is outstanding! Are you or your dad active on the H-body forum for your 1:1 Vegas? There's some pretty cool guys over there that would love your cars!

Thank you ken! neither of us are members but ill check it out!

If I had 1/100th the talent you have my friend. I would be an amazing modeller. Incredible work and amazing detail. Keep on posting !!!!!!

Thank you Jarrod!!

Thanks I appreciate it!!

even though these problems have stressed me out I have learned from them and I think this model has taught me things that have made me a better modeler

Spoken like a seasoned builder. Oh wait this build has seasoned you. Man I am impressed thru and thru. When I was 14 I had nowhere near the amount of patience you have. I would have either put the model away or thrown it at the wall afte that paint mishap on the first body. I will say that your Cuda is beautiful. I jut found this WIP build myself, about an hour ago, sat here in the drivers seat of my 18 wheeler in Phoenix AZ waiting to offload and read every single post. You have a lot of fans brother. For being as young as you are with all the inspiration you have, dads car(s), you got it buddy. You build very nicely. I have picked up a few tips and tricks from you too. A.K.A. Coke cans for alt brackets. Come on now why haven't I thought of that in the past? Lol. Anyway my friend OUTSTANDING job and definitely keep up the awesome work. I too cannot wait to see the finished product. BTW I would have liked to have seen those white billboards on this car to, but the stars did not align for that gem. Oh well.

That's my piece now it's time to go deliver this load so I can go gets me another one. Lol.

Spoken like a seasoned builder. Oh wait this build has seasoned you. Man I am impressed thru and thru. When I was 14 I had nowhere near the amount of patience you have. I would have either put the model away or thrown it at the wall afte that paint mishap on the first body. I will say that your Cuda is beautiful. I jut found this WIP build myself, about an hour ago, sat here in the drivers seat of my 18 wheeler in Phoenix AZ waiting to offload and read every single post. You have a lot of fans brother. For being as young as you are with all the inspiration you have, dads car(s), you got it buddy. You build very nicely. I have picked up a few tips and tricks from you too. A.K.A. Coke cans for alt brackets. Come on now why haven't I thought of that in the past? Lol. Anyway my friend OUTSTANDING job and definitely keep up the awesome work. I too cannot wait to see the finished product. BTW I would have liked to have seen those white billboards on this car to, but the stars did not align for that gem. Oh well.

That's my piece now it's time to go deliver this load so I can go gets me another one. Lol.

Thank you Jeremy your comment really means a lot and I really appreciate it, just like you I cant wait to get it done and set it on my shelf so I can look at it all the time and admire what I accomplished

shes getting closer, sorry about the bad picture quality the only camera I have available is complete junk and its a feat just to get good clear pictures.

rear end and leaf springs painted and I added the chrome diff cover

103_0517_zps026dd034.jpg

added a racepak and I scratched a tach that I will mount under the dash on the tunnel

103_0518_zpsd27912cd.jpg

103_0532_zpsae26b957.jpg

finished the rear of the car, taillights and painted new license plate. ill paint the cuda script soon.

103_0523_zpsb320322e.jpg

hemi decal on the side of the cowl, I don't know if it will stay or not I kinda have mixed feelings

103_0525_zps95a30640.jpg

103_0526_zpsbe78a36b.jpg

I also cut the tab off the back of the headlights glued some rod in there with BMF over the end and then glued in the headlight itself and it looks pretty good

103_0528_zps989056a1.jpg

added some white shoe polish to the tires and a strange axles decal to the wheels

103_0530_zpsa4aaae78.jpg

while at my local hobby shop I bought some sanding sticks so I can fix the front issue, I saw that they had some extra fine and super fine sticks so I also bought them. I got a little brave last night and decided to attempt to start sanding the already pretty shiny paint and I got surprising results! the mirror broke off but no big deal but after finishing with super fine I took some wax and lightly waxed the side of the car and I was pleasantly surprised that there is no more orange peel and a mirror like surface that you can shave off of I forgot to dust the roof and side of the car so theres a lot of dust but you get the point. heres some pics B) Also ill have to refoil some areas as the new and improved BMF sucks and it keeps lifting from the trim

103_0537_zpsceece848.jpg

103_0544_zps2ebeba0e.jpg

103_0538_zps79e109a3.jpg

and this is the passenger side door that hasn't been touched Its hard to see but you can see the orange peel all over

103_0540_zpse487430c.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

not much of an update but its something, on the 8th I placed an order at futtracation for two sets of dominators a 9 inch rear end and a b&m pro stick kit that comes with two. so ill be using one of the dominators and I put the pro stick together and here it is, its a little fiddly but looks great when done. again with this terrible camera it cant depict what im trying to take a picture of so I ended up using my ipod as a background and managed to kit it to see it and get a clear picture.

103_0575_zpsd2551170.jpg

103_0577_zps2c5eab8b.jpg

and in the interior it looks sweet!

103_0583_zps4ec4adcd.jpg

comments, suggestions, criticism appreciated