Model Cars Magazine Forum

I need some help!

Hi everybody!

My name is Attila, and I need some help!

I bought 3 DVDs from Lone Wolf. (Art of airbrushing, Tips & tricks...)

The problem it is I don't speak English, so I don't understand what he says on the videos.

Somebody would write it down for me what he says on the videos?

Yeah, I know, this big work, but I need this, I need the texts of the videos.

I demanded him that he should make it, but he will not make it for me.

So, would somebody help me, and sending the text to me? I would be grateful for that.

Thank you.

Attila

Attila ,

You state that you don't have that much money , and as I stated in response to your email , I don't have that much time . It would take weeks to do this ! The Tips DVDs alone have 4 hours of constant dialogue on them . There were no cue cards or text involved in the making of the DVDs , they were all done free speak style .

Each segment has it's products laid out and the camera is constantly over my right shoulder as I work throughout the DVDs . Simply by observing the DVDs without sound enables you to perform the tasks at hand without it .

Attila, what you are asking for would be a huge job for a translator. Translation, like all content, costs time and money. My best advice for you is try to take it your local Berlitz or any other language (perhaps a school or a university--find someone who loves to build models and who speaks English) and see if someone is willing to translate some of it for you.

As Donn Yost said, between both of his DVDS, he's got over six hours of improvised discussion. You'd almost need a professional translator.

If you were in the States, you'd have no trouble finding someone who would be willing to help you (within reason, of course.)

One other possibility is to use a speech recognition program. There are several for Windows versions, among others. While not entirely accurate yet, a speech recog will put into text what it hears. Play the DVDs into a microphone hooked to the computer with speech-recognition. Then you could run that text back through your translator program. There will be some interesting errors, but it's a possibility.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Valko - First of all , welcome to our forum ! :) !

One thing to consider also in regard to translating from English to "________________" (whatever language you are requesting be translated) is that there are many dialects of English (United Kingdom , Canadian , United States) and regional differences (even within the same country ; true anywhere in the world in any language) , and the subsequent "slang" words .

I wish to you the best of luck in your quest :) . Please keep us posted with your success !

Hi everybody!

My name is Attila, and I need some help!

I bought 3 DVDs from Lone Wolf. (Art of airbrushing, Tips & tricks...)

The problem it is I don't speak English, so I don't understand what he says on the videos.

Somebody would write it down for me what he says on the videos?

Yeah, I know, this big work, but I need this, I need the texts of the videos.

I demanded him that he should make it, but he will not make it for me.

So, would somebody help me, and sending the text to me? I would be grateful for that.

Thank you.

Attila

If you don't speak English, how can you write it like you did your post?

What about Dragon Speech? I'm not much of a computer guy, but it would seem that if I can speak into my computer and have it print out the words, perhaps you could play the DVD into the microphone, then when done just use google translate.

That is a brilliant idea! way to think out of the box.