Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chrysler 59 Imperial

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As the weathers stopped me from spraying this weekend I had a dig around in my to do kits looking for inspiration iand dragged this one out of the pile (it's is the Model King reissue). I hadn't got a clear idea of what direction to take it in but I've always liked the roof line on John D'Agastino's Royal Emperor. Soo.... back to the kit pile looking for a suitable roof - the only thing that I'd got that seemed workable was the roof from the AMT 58 Plymouth Belvedere which has been reversed with the rear pillars built up from sheet plastic. Still a lot of blending in to do but this is how it looks at the moment.

Imperial_zpse2f2e727.jpg

Imperial1_zpsa6a54d0d.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Posted · Report post

That looks very cool Andy. Keep going. This is a great Curbside kit to build having no engine. I did one about 3 years ago and it came out pretty good. A picture follows (I'm not trying to hijack your thread here).

59IMPERIALLEFTSIDE.jpg

Posted · Report post

Andy that looks realy cool it looks like its doing a 100mph sat still any more pics?

Posted · Report post

Already digging it!

I see I'm not the only guy who still has a few sets of SATCO Firestone wide whites laying around.