Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moonlight Modelers Auction last night

I just wanted to say what a great we had last night at the club meeting, we had our annual auction, but this time, all the money that was made went to Chucks wife , we lost Chuck last month, the money raised was to help pay the medical bills, we raised $2800 ( I dont remember the exact number) with the auction, everything that was donated buy fellow club members was sold.

One winning bid for $200, was for the privilege of cutting off someone ones ponytail, I am not going to name names, I will let him do that if he so wishs to do, oh yeah there is video of that as well :lol: , but he was a great sport about it and It was for a good cause.

mla2_zps4abe3514.jpg

mla1_zps91c1c256.jpg

mla4_zps00ecce7f.jpg

the rest of the photos can be found here , I can the post the video if that someone is ok with it.

http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj569/moonlightclub/Jan 19th Meeting/

Edited by martinfan5

Chuck Granger.Who was a Moonlight member since 1995 passed away suddenly from a brain anyurism last month just before Christmas. He and his wife Cathy were originally from upstate New York. I dont know if he was a member here. Because He didn't own a computer at home, and relied on the public library for computer access. Chuck had interest in Street rods most of his work can be seen at our club website http://www.moonlightmodelers.com When he passed away. Insurance did not cover all of his bills,and subsequently this has left his family in a financial bind. Members of our club have opened our hearts and wallets to help out as much as we can. Last nights Annual Moonlight Modelers Club. Auction was dedicated to Chuck and Cathy a fair amount of money was raised. I am sure more is needed.

Edited by my80malibu

Chuck Granger was originally from upstate New York, but relocated to Arizona in the 90's. He worked at a couple of hot rod shops as a fabricator and his passion was drag racing, street rods, and led sleds.

As a modeler, he was a member of Moonlight Modelers since 1995 and was a prolific builder of inspirational traditional street rods, beautiful 50's customs, and gassers.

He didn't post on this or any other forum, but if you'd like to see his work, check out the "Contests" page at www.Moonlighmodelers.com and peruse the various monthly meeting subpages. His work also appeared frequently in the MCM and SA(noE) contest issues. You'll find his models in many years' coverages of COPPERSTATE Model Car Championship events, Desert Scale Classic events, GSL, and some of the Southern California events.

Chuck had no health/hospitalization insurance as a result of being laid-off. He was found unconscious near his workbench, after suffering an aneurysm and massive stroke. An ambulance transported him to a nearby hospital, they called an air-evac medical helicopter to transport him to a regional cardiac trauma center.

*let's leave the medical and political comments out, please*

Moonlight Modelers holds an annual fund-raising auction of donated kits, tools, paints, supplies, books, magazines and related memorabilia. This year we decided to dedicate the auction to Chuck's memory (he was alwas an enthusiastic bidder!) and to donate 100% of the proceeds to his family.

Chuck is missed.