Model Cars Magazine Forum

Milwaukee NNL 21 - April 13th, 2013 Waukesha, WI

Casey

The Milwaukee NNL 21 is only a few months away, folks:

Date: April 13, 2013

Hours: 3-9 pm

Location : The Excellence Center Waukesha, N4 W22000 Bluemound Rd. Waukesha, WI 53186 (262) 521-0358

Nick or anyone else, can you confirm the time and location is the same as usual?

I may even have something completed to display this year. -_-

You got it right...date, time, location. I just picked up the flyer from Model Empire. If anyone is interested, the theme for this year is ATF(alcohol, tobacco, & firearms). Models such as race cars with a sponsor like Miller Beer/Jack Daniel's or cigarettes/chew, Or like Remington Firearms. And, then the sub theme: 60 years of the Corvette.

Edited by The70judgeman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on Saturday April 13th at The Excellence Center at N4 W22000 Bluemound Road, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186 (262) 521-0358 from 3-9pm. For more info: mdowd@wi.rr.com or scottieK1@charter.net. We usually have 600+ cars on the tables as well as club displays, a great raffle, rock 'n roll music and a great PA system and DJ. The theme this year is: Legal In All 50 States - Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and the sub theme is 60 Years of the Corvette. Join us for a great time.

Mike, you SHOULD be excited as you won't be disappointed. This is the 21st NNL in the Milwaukee area so that should tell you that this show can and will draw a great crowd every year. Bring some of your builds to display and enjoy the day. I can almost feel the electricity in this event already.

There will be a swap meet the next day (Sunday) at the Waukesha Expo Center from 10 am to 2 pm and I'm sure there'll be some "horse tradin" in the parking lot of the NNL the day before (Saturday).
That sounds like fun! What time to people start showing up in the parking lot?

I think you can bring as many models as you want, and there are no fees other than the per person entry fee, but Nick would know for sure.

If anyone wants to get together and meet up/eat before the show, LMK. I think Mike S. is still planning on being here that day, and I will be going, Andy sounds like he's in, so maybe we can meet beforehand at one of the nearby restaurants before the show on Saturday. There is a Texas Roadhouse two blocks east and many other places nearby.

I've got the address, for the show, but is it out on what is called Hwy. JJ(Bluemound Rd.)? If it is, I pretty much know where it is...I worked out that way farther west down the road. Just wondering...I've got GPS on my phone anyway.

*Nevermind. County JJ(Bluemound Rd) & Springdale Rd.

Edited by The70judgeman

Yes, it's on the northwest corner if that intersection. If you see the gravel pits, you went too far. :D

Yeah...I worked down that way at Spancrete(Plant 2) across the street from the pits over 10 years ago. You could feel the ground shake a little when they were blasting. :blink:

If I recall from last year and previous years, there is an admission fee to get in and you may display as many models as you wish. Andy, bring a few models to display as we'd like to see them. Thanks.

I'm working on it. I have two in mind that I've shown here on the forums. Just need to tidy up a few details I somehow missed :huh: and I'll see about another 1 or 2.

Bring 'em on Andy and the rest of you forum members that will be attending, as that's what it's all about. Fellow modelers displaying their models for others to see and enjoy. Meeting other modelers with similar interest as yours,There's a lot of camaraderie at NNL events and seems like always a good time. Some attendees will be driving for hours to enjoy the show. I hope to see you guys there.