Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Custom Wyoming Highway Patrol

tomsheehy

Fresh off the bench...

Revell's 57 Ford Custom 2 door sedan built as a replica of a period Wyoming Highway Patrol vehicle. The rather unique paint scheme was used by WHP in the 50s. Paint is duplicated by Tamiya black and white from the can. Decals are an old set of Pursuit Plastics. The spotlights are period correct, I found many 57s online that had this strangely shaped light head. The roof beacon is actually a LED with a little BMF around the base, the underhood siren is a resin piece from the parts box. All else is box stock, right from the kit. I can't say enough about this kit, it is a really well done. It goes together very well and is highly detailed right from the box. The upcoming police version will have some nice extras, so for anyone who builds police cars, this kit is a must have.

DSC05014-vi.jpg

DSC05015-vi.jpg

DSC05016-vi.jpg

DSC05019-vi.jpg

DSC05022-vi.jpg

DSC05023-vi.jpg

DSC05026-vi.jpg

DSC05028-vi.jpg

Edited by tomsheehy

Nice work Tom !!! I don't think I've seen that style beacon before. Looks like a strobe lamp. Where are the spot lights sourced from ?

Steve

Thanks Steve...the spotlights were in my parts box. I think they came from an early 60s AMT kit with custom options. That style roof light was pretty common in the 50s. Its nothing more that a blinking light, it was made by a few different companies, and known as a "beehive" light. It had a fresnal style lens, and until I find something more appropiate, the LED bulb will do for now. Here's where I sourced its use from, off a 53 WHP Chevy...and the link is to an actual WHP 57 Ford.

http://public.fotki.com/ward17219468/state-trooper-photos/wyoming-highway-patrol/wy-ford.html

WYwsp53chevy-vi.jpg

S6302757-vi.jpg

Edited by tomsheehy