Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any resin versions of Monogram's Goodyear Sports Car Specials?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If memory serves, Monogram made these in two different sizes and used them on actual race car models (Owens Corning 'Vettes) as well as for big & little tire combos for some of their street rods.

Just curious if anyone is offering them in resin. If you have a pic of the sidewall, that would be extremely helpful.

Posted · Report post

If memory serves, Monogram made these in two different sizes and used them on actual race car models (Owens Corning 'Vettes) as well as for big & little tire combos for some of their street rods.

Just curious if anyone is offering them in resin. If you have a pic of the sidewall, that would be extremely helpful.

I don't think anyone has offered them in resin, as they are still pretty easy to find, especially if you prefer the "washed" sidewall versions in the Revell '32 Ford 5-window and Sedan kits. Pics of the earlier version with lettering here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66338&page=2

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the pics, Casey!

Posted · Report post

I think Modelhaus and/or Rep & Min Co of MD offer them with whitewalls. You can just paint the sidewalls and use vintage racing tire decals to put on the side markings.

Posted · Report post

I've got some Modelhaus #T190 which are an exact copy of the 32 Ford tires. They come with resin whitewall inserts and have the lettering of the original.