Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dry Transfer Decals

Anyone out there used/run across dry transfer decals as opposed to water-slides?

I have been working on a IMSA Mustang, whose decals have seen better days. Many were totally unusable.

Anyway, in rummaging through my stash to find appropriate (if not accurate) sponsorship decals, I happened upon a set of dry transfer decals I had bought and used with my son on his pinewood derby car last year. So I said why not.

Below is a pic, where the VHT logo is actually a dry transfer. I have to say it was stupid easy to use and very thin (no visible ridge).

The only downside I can perceive is that the color does not seem to be as vibrant (in this case the black isn't as black...). I dont' know if this is indicative of dry transfers in general or just the set I have.

Thoughts?

While I am at it, i figured I would post a pic of my project so far. I ended up painting the red body accents as the decals were totally gone. Still needs some detailing and a spit shine.

post-8413-0-73752200-1358835153_thumb.jp

post-8413-0-59293800-1358835186_thumb.jp

Edited by socalbuckeye