Model Cars Magazine Forum

snake and mongoose funny cars

vc273

Hi these were the first model cars that i built, being given them as the double kit, which was when the kit was first available and have still held up all these years. Built from the box and no clear coat even the decals are still remarkably in very good shape. Cheers and thanks for looking.

completed022_zps385e8619.jpgcompleted021_zps92eb0fc1.jpgcompleted020_zpsdee03a54.jpgcompleted023_zpsb9633b10.jpgcompleted017_zps907ebb6c.jpgcompleted016_zps9c5ccfd1.jpgcompleted019_zps4ee92801.jpgcompleted015_zpsfeb04d92.jpgcompleted014_zps14bd5517.jpgcompleted013_zps1b1de4db.jpg

Hi Ray nice to know someone else on the forum from my side of the world and even just a stones throw away. As you can see im heavily into mopars and by looks of it your into the gm products by your profile picture. Just a question was it you that had those models for sale on eBay last week? Just curious as i was going to bid but didn't get home in time and the auction ended. Could have kicked myself for missing out. Just another quick question were do you source your stuff from as i only know of model mania and the hobby habit on daws road down this way, but even they are getting expensive these day especially when your using two or three kits to make one. I get my braided line, plug wires and fittings from spotlight though , amazing what you can find there to use. Cheers

Edited by vc273

Hey Steve,

Pretty much the same as you mate, Model Mania, Hobby Habit and of course 'The Parts Box' at Lobethal ;)

Yep 'Spotlight' is very handy indeed, got them tracking down some 'Hex Beads' at the moment.... :lol:

Wasn't me on Evil Bay, got stung too many times, so I gave them the flick :lol:

Cheers mate

Ray

Hi Ray can you let me know about the hex beads as i have been to noarlunga and edwardstown branches and they don't stock them. Was going to start and hit the craft shops but might wait to see if you have success. The dio needs some repairs but with so many builds have put it off, also want to add two more kits to it so it takes up one of my shelves. Cheers

Very nice builds, thanks for posting them. They bring back lots of good memories. My brother and I had these kits, his was the Mongoose and mine was the Snake. I recently read an article on them and what a huge effect they had on the whole funny car sponsorship scene.

Hi Ray can you let me know about the hex beads as i have been to noarlunga and edwardstown branches and they don't stock them. Was going to start and hit the craft shops but might wait to see if you have success. The dio needs some repairs but with so many builds have put it off, also want to add two more kits to it so it takes up one of my shelves. Cheers

Will do Steve, have been to a few places besides Spotlight, will keep you posted ;)