Model Cars Magazine Forum

1992 Buick Riviera Rework

Platerpants

Some of you may have seen this in my family car replicas topic. it was a clay sculpture for an art project. i scaled it out to 1/24 scale when i sculpted it. it took me about 7 days working 45 minutes at a time with a weekend of it sitting unattended. When finished my art teacher put it in the kiln. Boy the body went from the best looking model i had to disfigured hunk of clay. (I was mad) so i got it home and painted it white with a pearl clear. It is about 1/25 scale after the shrinking in the kiln which is god cuz i like 1/25 better. No im going to use spackling to fix all the dings and disfigured spots. hopefully it will turn out better. Here it is currently gonna start the spackling proccess today. The real cars the white one is the driver the gray one is rotten but the engine runs like new so thats our parts car.545417_484362811593653_2103990357_n.jpg

208985_486031431426791_174401005_n.jpg

How about basing it on the Reatta promo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1989-BUICK-REATTA-Dealer-Promotional-Model-Car-1-24-Scale-Factory-SEALED-/130828566273?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1e75fd7f01

I'm fairly sure that the two cars shared the windshield, cowl, and drive train, the Reatta being a short wheelbase version.

-MJS

How about basing it on the Reatta promo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1989-BUICK-REATTA-Dealer-Promotional-Model-Car-1-24-Scale-Factory-SEALED-/130828566273?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1e75fd7f01

I'm fairly sure that the two cars shared the windshield, cowl, and drive train, the Reatta being a short wheelbase version.

-MJS

they were pretty much the same although not sure on windshield.

• 1 month later...

lil more. should be done with it eventually. its definetly more real looking, primed it and respackled for a better look. never gonna be perfect. if only someone would cast it to sit on a 1/25 80s regal or cutlass chassis in 1/25 scale NOT 1/24! Id pay 40 bucks for the body.0303131430_zpsaa2c5b92.jpg

UPDATE! I dont work on it much but what does get done gets done, i have no other projects as of now. This picture is of it putty'd up comparing it to my riv. which sadly my mom wants to get rid of and my dads giving in im fighting though as this one is one of the few left with every option, and solid for a 21 year old ohio beater, i wanna slowly restore it mom says its time for it to go, still runs and drives so whats the big deal. anyway heres the clay sculpture. i need to cut out the wheel wells better its fired clay so its hard any idea how to do this? Dremel?bubba_zps0b99d7ba.jpg