Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAgnum 4342 news

shafer

I spoke to kevin on the phone yesterday, he wanted me to let you guys know why he hasn't been on the forum lately. He has a back problem that has kept him in bed . He is going to the doctor about it next week. Keep him in your thoughts Thanks.

And here's the fill in. Two weeks ago I went on a road trip and my left hip was bothering me. I came home about ten in the morning, cutting my trip short. When I got home the house was in a shambles, my sister was in tears and Jacen was gone. I found out later he went off his nut because of my sister, and packed up and left. They were to be married in June.

I went to take a bath to soak my back and as I sat down in the tub...something went POP! I could barely walk for the next week. Long story short, the disk above s1 (spine) had exploded. I will be headed to the hospital soon to get it removed and my spine fused. I'm hoping Gregg can help me out with some encouraging words or at least prepare me for what's to come.

I heard from Jacen earlier today and I fear he has completely lost it. Wouldn't tell me where he is or how he's surviving. As for me though, I could sure use some cheery words. I'm really worried about this operation and i'm hoping my friends here are pulling for me. Other than Jacen I don't have alot of friends outside the net. :(

Just to let you know my dad had the same thing and after surgery he was pretty sore for about two weeks and didn't do much,it's been a couple of months now and he can do everything now that he could before. So hang in there and everything will turn out just fine.

Thank you for the encouragement Joe. I'm totally freaked out about this, so I PM'ed our intrepid leader to quiz him about his back problems. Let me tell ya, Gregg is a really nice guy and he took time out of his day to help calm me down and let me in on what to expect. Some of it is a little scary but i'm not as wound out about it as I was.