Model Cars Magazine Forum

SC Miller - Resin '56 Lincoln Mark II?

I think I grabbed this picture from Dean Milano's 'site, but does anyone have any more on SC Miller and what he/they made, other than this Lincoln? I'm pretty sure this is 1/25 and totally unrelated to the 1/32 Revell kit, and I know I saw a newer Lincoln Mark V(?) on eBay a few months ago made by SCM, too, but I don't recall if I saved a picture.

Here's the '56:

scmiller56lincoln.jpg

Miller did quite a few '50's subjects in the '80's, maybe into the '90's. Most of them were based off old pot metal banks, but later on there were subjects cast from scratchbuilt masters and modified kits. He passed away about ten years ago, and I haven't seen any other casters who've picked up any of his old products. He also did an EXTREMELY rare repop of a 1:12 scale promo of the 1959 Buick Electra.

I have (5) of his catalogs . The newest is dated 2-20-94 . He lists many , many kits . Most are in 1/25 . The rest are stated what scale as listed in the Catalogs . Tucker , Edsel (all three years) , Henry J ('51&52) plus an Allstate , Studebakers (long list of those), Busses . Packards , Plymouths , Silver Streaks , Tailfins , Dale , Desoto , Port Hole Mobiles , Old Rockets , Ford , Mercury , Hudson , Willys , International Harvester , Kaiser , Rambler (including the '56 Wagon - Louis Lane Convertible), Dodge , Desoto , Chrysler , Lincoln ('51 Cosmopolitan , "53 Capri , "54 Capri , '56 Premiers , "'56 Continental , '58 Premier , '60 Continental MK5 , '79 Continental MK 5) , Nash and White are listed for sale . Quite a few "Design Studio" models . I just don't have the '59 Port Hole Mobile listed in the ones I have . I only acquired one . The '56 Studebaker Hawk . I wish I had more to fill voids in my strings . Yeah , good luck with that . I am willing to look up anything he made in these Catalogs . I may not have all of his . PM me please . Thanx .. .

I have one of his castings. a 60 Olds 98 Convertible. Not the best.

It has a Thin Skin filled with Bondo. That fill was still Soft years after getting it.

The front grill, bumper, headlights,Rear bumper, Tail lights and Boot cover

are all cast in place. The chassis was a Flat plate with locators for brass/copper/metal tube axle mounts.

When I got it the windshield frame was broken.

I have replaced it and the chassis with the parts from a Monogram 59 Impala.