Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1928 Lincoln question

gtx6970

I built this model many years ago and built it stock. At that time the "bullet holes" were decals that could be applied to the body. The kit was exactly the same as the seperately boxed 1928 Lincoln Phaeton by MPC (and Airfix in the UK).

Hope this helps.

Tony

Thanks fellas.

I have been on a prewar car buying spree this year and I have this one on my want to do someday list.

I have a 1932 Chrysler Roadster , a 1933 Chrysler Imperial, a 1932 Cadillac and a Heller Hispano Suiza kit

still on the lookout for a Packard, Rolls Royce and a Duesenberg. maybe even a Stutz

Edited by gtx6970

Ertl re-issued these under the AMT name in the 80's. They included all the

'Gangbuster' parts, but not the decals.

I got all 3 in the series Licoln Sprt-Touring, Chevrolet Cabriolet, & Chrysler Imperial Convertible.

I also have a Stock only MPC Connisouer's Classic issue of the Lincoln Roadster.

AMT used the Connisouer's Classic name on their re-issue too.

The Ganbuster parts include separate Bullitt rittled windows and radiators,

Figures, guns, knives, hand grenades, etc. The Chrysler had a Safe, Briefcase with cash,

and a second one with jewels. The Lincoln Touriing a Violin case, Alkie can,

12 clear Bottles and 2 cases for them

I did the same thing a few years ago...buying pre-war kits, that is. One to avoid is a Mercedes 500 or 540 (don't remember which) from Heller. Its body has a weird split line in it, and in order to replicate chrome trim on the doors, they chromed both doors.

I did the same thing a few years ago...buying pre-war kits, that is. One to avoid is a Mercedes 500 or 540 (don't remember which) from Heller. Its body has a weird split line in it, and in order to replicate chrome trim on the doors, they chromed both doors.

I almost have my Heller 540K conversion kit ready to cast. It allows you to convert that kit into a model car!! It will be a resin cast main body shell that the rest of the kit fits on. I would recommend using a Jo-Han or Italeri kit for the wheels and tires. The Hellers are beyond saving.

Seriously, this kit was the worst engineered of all the Heller kits but it is one of the most beautiful classic cars!