Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Hudson Hornet --New Pictures On Page 3--

W-409

Just finished my First build for 2013, A Hudson Hornet! Moebius Models' kit is really excellent quality, and I enjoyed building this one a lot. It's built Factory stock, painted and clearcoated with Spray cans and then I polished the paint job to make it shine. Well, overall it turned out Okay, could be better, but this is the best I could do. Tell me what you think and give all kinds of feedback: Good or Bad.

WIP Pictures can be found from Community Builds Section from Hudson Hornet Build Madness Topic.

DSCN0472-vi.jpg

DSCN0477-vi.jpg

DSCN0488-vi.jpg

DSCN0476-vi.jpg

DSCN0489-vi.jpg

Edited by W-409

My critique:

Pros: Overall, it looks very good. Paint looks good, underhood detail is outstanding, interior and dashboard detail is also very well done (that steering wheel hub looks like the real thing!).

Cons: You should have worked the hood to get a better fit before you painted, and some of your foil work is a bit ragged along the edges (always use a sharp blade!).

Overall, I say well done! It looks beautiful, and is definitely a model you can be proud of! B)

Wow thanks for all of those great comments! ;)

Harry, Charlie and Chuck who mentioned the hood. Yes, it doesn't fit right. I should have sanded it a bit before painting, it had tight fit to match the body shapes, and after paint and few clear coats, it doesn't fit anymore. Oh well luckily this is displayed the hood open. :lol: And you are correct about the BMF too, I had new sheet of BMF and new blade, but I don't know what was the problem with them. Somehow I couldn't do better on this one, even if I've done better jobs with BMF before.

Thanks again for the great comments to everyone, and especially thanks for the critique. It's really needed when trying to get better as a Modeler. B)

Edit: Oh and Jim, your builds are always very nice, I can't wait to see what you do with the Hudson. At least I guess it will be Shiny, which is always great.

Looking forward of seeing Geoff's build, too.

Edited by W-409

Thanks again for the great comments to everyone, and especially thanks for the critique. It's really needed when trying to get better as a Modeler. B)

Niko... congratulations to you for asking for and accepting critiques. You "get it" as far as how a forum can work to make us all better modelers. Thanks for posting this one... we all look forward to your next one!

Very nice! Engine detail looks very nice and paint job is very good also. Nice Job! Maybe I have to do one Hudson hornet in future too. :rolleyes:

Yes! Do it! :D