Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Water based paint for fabrics ?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I got my 1st airbrush a while back (thanks Crazyjim !) & recently got a new compressor & accessories to go with it. I'll get it all figured out in due time. The problem is, the wife says l need to make it pay for itself (she's so wise !). The quickest, easiest way l can think of is to design & paint T-shirts. So do any of you airbrushers do this on the side ? What are the best fabric paints to use. I'm also thinking l could use these paints to make detailed fabric designs for model car interors such as Mexican style blankets for Rat Rods, etc. Any help/guidance will be appreciated ! Thanks,

Bart

Posted · Report post

I just googled "fabric paint" and got 460K results. I've seen it a Michael's. Back in the day, I did shirts with good old testors in the little square bottles. It made the painted areas quite hard, so my results were not that good.

Posted · Report post

Thank you. I also googled it, but all the websites for about 2 hours were either foreign or too big for my phone. Just wondering what brand & type paints folks were getting the best results out of ? Thanks again,

Bart

Posted · Report post

I have Deco Art, which yielded decent results on plastic. I might choose to start there.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Draggon. I'll check that out.